PDA

View Full Version : Slow weekend but oh so nice

z118
11-18-2012, 08:20 PM
So much to do and so little time to do it! Saturday morning was taken up by chores and errands and whatnot but I did manage to get out for a quick 2 hour hunt in the afternoon. On the flip of a coin I decided to hit one of my old favorite spots that I have hunted 30 times already but not at all this year. I focused on an out of the way area that I had never hunted before and it paid off with some clad, 6 wheats, a 58 Rosie, and a nice silver ring. The ring shows the Chai symbol I believe and is the first I've ever found with the .925 stamp on the outside of the band.

Sunday I got out in the morning and hit a local tot lot where I scored some clad. Then I headed to the spot I hunted last weekend that gave up multiple silvers, wheats, IH's, and Buffs. Not so much luck this time though... I wound up with a bit of clad, one wheat, and a 1918 Buff. Oh yeah, and an odd, older looking pin.

Only upon going through my finds at home did I notice that one of the nickels from the tot lot was a nice, shiny Buff! That's a first for me. I'm surprised how nice these coins look when shiny.

Anyway, it was a good weekend. My father is coming up for the holiday and hopefully we'll get in some good hunts.

Cheers!

Snapolson
11-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Nice finds! The shiny buff may have been dropped by a kid who carried it around. I found a shiny buffalo nickel laying on the ground at a park recently. The only thing I can think of is that a kid who had a collection of coins dropped it. Who knows?

aloldstuff
11-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I've been on the hunt for a buff for quite a while and here you go and get two, :congrats:. Nice design on the ring

Tony Two-Cent
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Nice variety of finds! |:cheering:

Pretty cool finding a shiny buffalo nickel in the tot lot! :yes:

:congrats:

jkress
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
All kinds of things to dig. :clapping: Congrats on the silver ring, shiny buffalo and Rosie. :clapping:

milco
11-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Looks like a weekend's hunt well spent!!