PDA

View Full Version : Now I've reached 50...and then some.

Snapolson
11-18-2012, 08:28 PM
I had a great hunt today. About an hour into my search for the shiny I hit a solid 90-91 on the T2 in a super trashy area. Out comes a quarter but it is completely covered in dirt, but after a slight wipe, I know I've hit silver! :happy: Now I've officially reached 50 for 2012! :happydance01: Whew, now that's a relief. lol

I cover up the hole and rescanned it. Oh no, another high tone. Out pops a dime. It turns out to be a Merc! I'm still getting signals. Another silver quarter, a junk brass rivet and finally a wheatie!! A nice pocket spill. <:

I moved over to another section of woods nearby and almost immediately I hit a wheatie. A couple of feet away an Indian Head penny, and finally two more wheats. Man, what a day!

The other coin in the photo is from yesterday. I went back to the tree stump where I found the foreign silvers and out popped a huge disc. I thought it might be a largie, but it ended up being a French coin from 1855! :shocked04: It says, &quot:grin:ix Centimes so I guess it's a large cent in a way. It's exactly the size of a half dollar. Cool!

I did have a heart thumping moment while searching though. I'm oblivious to everything around me and all of the sudden I hear someone yelling Hey! I turn around and I see three cops standing on the road and the three cops cars in all directions! :dontknow: I'm thinking, uh oh, I'm in trouble now. So I make my way over to them and I ask what's up? They said someone called the police because they though my car was abandoned in the woods (I was in an open space back road). They said there was no problem and even asked if I found anything good? I showed them the big copper coin and they were amazed to learn that coins that old are still around. So, I breathed a sigh of relief and went on my merry way. |:cheering:

As always, thanks for looking and happy hunting!! :groovy:

BHNugget
11-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Nice silvers and the injun looks pretty nice too! You still have time to hit 75 before the snow is too deep thumbsup01

milco
11-18-2012, 10:10 PM
:wow: Wow, what a day! Those are some great finds! A spill like that is always fun, and the French six centimes coin is a very cool find! I hope you find some more old coins around that stump!

aloldstuff
11-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Very nice spill and huge :congrats: :congrats:shocked04:n getting to 50. Knew you would do it. ost of my encounters with the police only involve one but you must be a major criminal getting three to respond... rofl

POKIE73
11-19-2012, 06:48 AM
well nobody ever said that this hobby is boring as you found out i can only quess what i would have been thinking myself but it turned out good and you made some good finds also congrats on your hunt dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

jkress
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
:shocked04: Now that's a way to reclaim #50!! :peace:
Very nice hunt. :smitten:

Ill Digger
11-20-2012, 02:05 AM
:yes: Oh yeah! <: Those are real! thumbsup01
50 and then some!!
Nice huntin'!
Congrats! :grin:
I like the bid French coin! :cool:

OxShoeDrew
11-20-2012, 04:48 AM
That centime is in great shape. :happydance01: congrats on 50 and a great hunt.

CODY
11-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Congrats on #50 Dude! Thats some nice coins. See, all us cops arent bad. Hahaha.

JTGOLD
11-20-2012, 06:25 PM
very good hunt and nice keepers,wtg.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....now that is an outstanding dig! <;)

tech125
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Congrats on reaching 50! Im one away from that goal, nice finds!

Fire Fighter 43
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Congrats on hitting # 50 WTG |:cheering: