PDA

View Full Version : Hi

artman60
11-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here,and would like opinions for a decision I'm gonna be making. I'm from Pepperell Ma. and have gotten back into MD'ing after a long absence. A friend got me into this around 1990, and I bought a Whites Eagle Spectrum, and a Fisher 1280x. The Spectrum is getting heavy, and the Fisher seems to still be a very capable unit in fresh water. I'm fairly sure I'm going to be buying a new unit, no later than spring, here is where I'm hoping you'll all give me some opinions. AT Pro, waterproof, much lighter, I hear some people can set it up so it's a good unit on saltwater beaches, and if it proves I can't set it up well for those beaches, an Excallibur II to augment it in the future, when financially possible. I also like the F70, and F75 LTD, with the F75 Ltd being in the next tier moneywise. Or Whites Spectra VX3 with hipmount kit to help with the weight, Spectra has multifrequency, which I seem to be reading is best for the saltwater beaches ( I do not go into the saltwater,I do hunt the wet sand, I do go into freshwater with the 1280) rain cover for protection, If this would work, wouldn't need to think about a second future unit purchase. ( at least till the next big breakthrough. I welcome all replies and thoughts with this, as it will help me sort this out. Thank you Artie
PS hope I didn't put this in the wrong thread

Tony Two-Cent
11-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Hello, Artman! Welcome to American Detectorist! I'm glad you found us and joined our forum.

I don't do any salt water detecting myself, so I'm afraid I won't be much help with your detector questions. Hopefully some of our members who are experienced water hunters will be able to give you some recommendations.

Good luck and happy hunting!

del
11-19-2012, 04:12 PM
welcome to the forum Artman , i'm not real familiar with the machines you listed either but hear pretty good things about the AT-PRO and excalibur models. theres a few members here with those machines and i'm sure they will be able to share some info with you. glad you found us here Artman.

Dan

milco
11-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome to AD! Glad you joined in and good luck hunting with whatever machine you end up going with!

OxShoeDrew
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi Artie, the only thing I can say about the machines in question is that the ATpro seems much heavier than the f75. It is front heavy. The F75 is a dream to swing. I'll let the pros tell you which is the better performer. Good luck and welcome |:cheering: