PDA

View Full Version : Old Nickels + Silver

angellionel
04-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Today I made my way to Central MA and worked two parks during my time there. From the first park I picked up a few old wheat cents and a 1905 Barber dime. The second park yielded the other three silver coins, two mercury dimes and a Roosevelt dime. The ground also yielded several wheat cents and five old nickels, three V's dated 1905, 1905, and 1912, and two Buffalo nickels. One is dateless, and the other is dated 1937.

I had hoped to pick up a few of the older silver coins, but I can't complain about these.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silverdimes_040610.jpg

These old nickels made for fun finds. I also picked up a few old Jefferson nickels.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/nickels_040610.jpg

More old wheat cents added to the growing pile.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/wheatcents_040610.jpg

HH!

coinnut
04-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Nice hunt. You know when you are finding V's, there is gonna be Barber or older. Good group of coins there. Some nice looking whets there too. Wonder how many dates you are missing for a complete set? Nice day to be hunting, not too warm, not too cold. :thumbsup01:

angellionel
04-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Nice hunt. You know when you are finding V's, there is gonna be Barber or older. Good group of coins there. Some nice looking whets there too. Wonder how many dates you are missing for a complete set? Nice day to be hunting, not too warm, not too cold. :thumbsup01:

I am going to go through what wheat cents I have to see what dates I am missing. I need to do the same with the mercury dimes. :yes:

z118
04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Sweet hunt as always!

You know what though? Many times on the forums I have posted stinky results from hunts and many times people have made me feel beter by saying They can't all be great; if you found silver every time it would get boring. You, sir, are calling that wisdom into question!

Epi-hunter
04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I had hoped to pick up a few of the older silver coins, but I can't complain about these.

You are kidding, right? :confused: :shocked04: Tell me you are kidding. You find barbers and V-nickels and you wish to have picked up a few 'older' coins? :confused: :lol: I need a day in your shoes!! :lol:

Congrats on the very nice finds! I know that first park had been hit very well :grin:

angellionel
04-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Sweet hunt as always!

You know what though? Many times on the forums I have posted stinky results from hunts and many times people have made me feel beter by saying They can't all be great; if you found silver every time it would get boring. You, sir, are calling that wisdom into question!

To be honest, it never gets boring for me. :dontknow: Seeing a silvery disk at the bottom of the hole or on a dug dirt pile is always exciting, even when it is just a common silver, such as a Roosevelt dime. But in truth, even when no silver is found excitement abounds since you really never know what may be under the coil. That's one thing that makes this hobby so much fun. :yes:

magic
04-06-2010, 09:35 PM
nice going angel.

Beefcake
04-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice stuff!!! Did my posting of the nickels inspire you to dig a few of them??? Nice silver!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-06-2010, 10:00 PM
212? man o man!!!!!!!!! :drool: nice haul again dude! :thumbsup01:

xzlr8n
04-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Is the silver drying up in MA/CT area :confused: :confused: :confused:. Looks like you can still travel and sniff some out. Another good hunt for you :thumbsup01:.

Beefcake
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm hoping he's eventually going to scare all the silver westward....

hoser
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm with you Brian, scare some this way will ya. :drool: :lol: Nice finds as always my friend.

angellionel
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Nice stuff!!! Did my posting of the nickels inspire you to dig a few of them??? Nice silver!

Actually, I have been digging nickels all along, it's just that they have been Jeffersons. :lol: These two particular parks have yielded older nickels during previous hunts though so I tend to pay special attention to the nickel-range tones and Fe/Co numbers when working them. :yes:

Is the silver drying up in MA/CT area :confused: :confused: :confused:. Looks like you can still travel and sniff some out. Another good hunt for you :thumbsup01:.

It sure seems so. :lol: I need to find new territory. :cheesysmile:

SeabeeRon
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry I have been away from posting here for a bit Angel, but I see you are still at it!! :drool: Had some post winter/early spring cleanup to do around the yard. Trying to catch up on some posts now.