PDA

View Full Version : Washington Quarter

CODY
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Had an interesting hunt this morning. See if any of you F-75 or T2 users have ever had this happen to you. About 2:00 AM I decided to take my 30 min lunch break. Went to my favorite spot. I use a Fisher F-75 SE. Got it out, turned it on, GB using the fast grab, and started swinging. After about 20 minutes I thought to myself, this is about the cleanest ground I have ever hunted. Was only getting a slight chirp now and then. So I took a clad quarter out of my pocket and threw it on the ground. Swung the coil over it and guess what? That’s right, “Nothing”. No matter how I sung it, no response. So I threw a clad dime down, same thing. Nothing. I turned the machine off. Pushed the toggle forward, held the menu button down at the same time and turned it on. This resets it to factory default settings. Then I set Sen to 80. Disc. To 65. Only had about 10 minutes left and didn’t want to dig pennies or trash. GB’s using fast grab. Air tested it. It was ringing true. I turned around and back tracked the same way I had come. Found the metal 45 record insert first, then the 1935 Washington, then some clad. Makes me wonder about the places I have hunted and didn’t find anything. Makes me wonder if the machine was even working. Lesson learned. I will always test it with some coins before I start swinging. This makes Silver #23 out of this little spot.[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5]

z118
11-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Nice digs! I've hunted a few times for a while before I realized the coil wasn't plugged into the box. 8/

aloldstuff
11-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Nice that you got it fixed and scored a silver. I previously had a Prizm IV and I was using a vibraprobe as a pinpointer with it. I had to shut the detector off because the pinpointer made for some interference with the detector. I remember walking about 1/4 mile in a corn filed before I realized that I had not turned the detector back on. 8/

dalewestaby
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Whenever my ATpro gets all jingo jango... i just replaced the batteries, nice quarter!

giant056
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Nice score on the silver GW thumbsup01

POKIE73
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
congrats on your silver dont feel bad cody i use a e trac and i have the probe on it also once in a while i forget to flip the switch back to the detector and will hunt with the probe on for ten minutes before i figure it out done that more times than i would like to remember dennis

jkress
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Way to save the hunt Cody! :clapping: A quarter makes for a successful hunt. :yes:

Strange about your machine. :confused:

milco
11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Not sure on the machine, but silver quarters are always a welcome sight!

Fire Fighter 43
11-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Congrats on the silver Cody, WTG |:cheering:

BKM
11-20-2012, 09:30 PM
I've hunted and noticed, man, not a signal in a really long time....only to notice my batteries had died :dontknow:

Strange things happen.

54shooter
11-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I've hunted with my machine turned off more than once. Great finds that quarter is well worn. Congrats and HH