PDA

View Full Version : New (and newbie) from north NJ

Paul in NJ
11-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi all,

I've only been at THing for a year, but already have traded in a Bounty Hunter for a DFX-300, so I'm learning already. ;} I'm a member of the The East Coast Research and Discovery Association (ECRDA) in Pompton Plains NJ, so I'm learning more with each meeting, too.

Would it be appropriate to plug our upcoming hunt in May 2013? It'll be a big deal. If so, where's the best place to do so?

PS - We meet the third Tuesday of the month, so if you're in the neighborhood, we'd love to meet you!

Epi-hunter
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the hobby and forum Paul :waving: Looking forward to seeing your finds :)

You can announce your group hunt in the General section... we don't have a section specifically for those types of announcements. It sounds like a good time! Wish I could go :)

del
11-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Hello Paul , welcome to the forum :waving: the dfx is a great machine and one of my favorites (been using mine for 6 or 7 years now ) . i agree clubs are a great way to learn the hobby and meet experienced people in the immediate area. glad you could join us here Paul.

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
11-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It looks like you are off to a good start and joining the club was a great way to get a jump start. GL and HH

DirtyMoney
11-21-2012, 06:24 AM
:welcome2: from the Great Lakes State of Michigan

That is one great detector you are using. :yes:

Lowjiber
11-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the forum from southern Nevada.

Glad to hear you folks are still able to hunt after Sandy and the winter weather.

aloldstuff
11-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Paul, welcome from western MA. You're not a newbie anymore, what with having an upgrade and joining a club already. Looking forward to your future posts.

Paul in NJ
11-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's getting cold in these here parts, so THing isn't as much fun as in the warm times. But it's a great time to research hunting grounds for next year.

Happy hunting, And happy Thanksgiving!

OxShoeDrew
11-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome Paul, good luck with your dfx300, outstanding machine, my partner used the DFX for years

tanacat
11-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome from Kentucky :groovy: Glad you found us! Just thought I'd mention that our club names and dates are similiar - we named ourselves Central Kentucky Research & Recovery Team and we meet on 2nd Tues of the month. I'm so glad to belong to a MD club, it's like a support group for addicts... lol

Anyway, hope to see pics and hear stories of your finds thumbsup01

jkress
11-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome from Iowa Paul. :clapping:

Wish we had some good clubs around here. :yes: Sounds like you are on the right track. thumbsup01