PDA

View Full Version : X-5 Coil (more of a review than anything)

RobW
11-20-2012, 04:44 PM
I have heard people's mixed feeling about the use of the x-5 on the e-trac. I bought one last year and used it a few times. I didn't seem to notice much difference and thought that the stanadrd coil worked good enough.

Well......I was wrong >:#

Al and I have been POUNDING a particular site this year that never ceases to amaze me. In the field area, we both have pounded it from every direction. The last few weeks, I switched to the x-5...WOW :shocked03:..the things that thing picks up that I missed with the larger coil! This weekend alone, on Saturday I managed 3 Liberty nickels and 2 buttons, on Sunday a Standing Quarter a Washington, A Merc and a Roosie, that's not to mention all the wheaties and clad. I have taken it through several really trashy areas...like next to a trash can and turned up silvers.I was pleasantly wrong about this coil, and will be using it A LOT more often thumbsup01

POKIE73
11-22-2012, 11:39 AM
i have putting off getting one i think this winter it will make a good gift to myself thanks for pushing me over the edge dennis |:cheering: |:cheering:

mifon
01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
RobW,

Do you have a separate lower shaft for your X-5? I was able to get a good deal on one recently and was wondering if getting another lower shaft would make it easier to mount and use. I can't see putting the X-5 on the Etrac and leaving it there to use as my primary coil. Thoughts:huh:

Mike

POKIE73
01-11-2013, 05:40 AM
i did get my x5 and i do have the extra shaft takes about 1 minute to change would not use it much any other way dennis

RobW
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes I have the extra shaft, it totally makes changing the coil out much easier and quicker! :yes:

I am now using it as my primary coil, it has been that big of a difference. However, I will switch to the bigger coil when I get to a spot that I have a limited engagment at or is my first time there to get a quicker feeling of the property.

mifon
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks RonW,

If it makes it that much easier to use the X-5, I'm gonna need an extra lower shaft, too!!

OK, so does anybody have a lower shaft they're not using they might like to sell for a reasonable price?? I'll post htis over in the WTB area also.

Thanks for your help
MIke (in TN)

mifon
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Oooops,

I see in the instructions for posting in the Classified section one must have a minimum of 25 posts. Since I'm not there yet, maybe someone will see that I am looking for a lower shaft for my Etrac and reply through here.

I guess this is cheating. I apologize to the admin. in advance!!! No harm intended.

Mike (in TN)

Epi-hunter
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Oooops,

I see in the instructions for posting in the Classified section one must have a minimum of 25 posts. Since I'm not there yet, maybe someone will see that I am looking for a lower shaft for my Etrac and reply through here.

I guess this is cheating. I apologize to the admin. in advance!!! No harm intended.

Mike (in TN)

No problem Mike - the rules just state that if you have less than 25 posts, it requires an admin approval, and you have that. Please feel free to post your ad. Thanks for reading and being aware of the rules. Good luck! :)

mifon
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks,

I'll go right on over and post a WTB......

Mike(in TN)

Big Boys Hobbies
01-25-2013, 08:49 AM
The x-5 is by far my fav trash coil for the E-Trac.

mifon
01-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks,

I'll go right on over and post a WTB......

Mike(in TN)

I ended up getting a good deal on an X-1 probe. It actually cost me about what a lower shaft would cost. Now, coils are much easier to change!!

Mike

SovereignGT
02-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Having the lower and mid shaft on the extra coils helps a lot for a quick change.

1147SILVER
06-21-2013, 08:41 PM
In my opinion the 8x6 sef is better goes deeper better target separation and I have had both

bamaart
01-02-2014, 01:27 AM
I bought the x5 and have only used it once so far, but I kept getting 46 and 47 signals that turned out to be aluminum....does anyone else get this kind of reading?

coinnut
01-02-2014, 06:49 AM
If the aluminum is big enough it will read high like silver or a large cent. Detectors do not really know what kind of metal is under the coil, they just go by the return signal that is generated.