PDA

View Full Version : More Tearout Finds - Best Yet

milco
11-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Now that the tearouts I have been hitting in the older parts of town are pretty much completed I have been hitting a different one in a newer part of town. This is a 1940-50's neighborhood. I went today at lunch and about 40 minutes after work. I found the two 1965 quarters at lunch, oh that hurts! Then when I went back this evening, I didn't know it at the time but I found nine wheat cents. It was getting dark fast and I had my light with me fastened to my detector and was just shoving coins in my pouch as I found them. Because this is a newer area there is very little trash, almost every target is a coin. What a change from the inner city projects! One of the rosie's had a wheatie with it and I think I also found four wheats in one hole, which included a steel wheat cent. The steel wheat cent is actually discernable as to what it is. I have a picture of it below attached to a magnet! So two rosies, 9 wheat cents, a sterling ring and an old costume jewelry earing. On top of all of this, it was sunny and 50 something degrees today!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

JTGOLD
11-21-2012, 10:39 PM
nice silver and wheat finds,wtg.

54shooter
11-22-2012, 05:02 AM
That's a great hunt! I'm keeping my eyes out for a project that has sidewalk tear outs. Congrats

dalewestaby
11-22-2012, 05:29 AM
wow awesome finds, tearouts rock!!

aloldstuff
11-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Some more silvers for your pocket, :congrats:. It's pretty easy to figure out wish one was the steel cent, lol. Age doesn't seem to matter as far as tearouts go, you always seem to score. By the way, any sign of your competition?

giant056
11-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Great haul and congrats on the silvers thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
11-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Nice bunch of finds, Darren! :clapping:

Pretty cool that you can still make out some details on that steel cent! All of the other dug ones I've seen are just big globs of rust.

Congrats on the silver and wheaties! <:

CODY
11-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Good finds. :congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Congrats on another nice hunt Darren, that silver count just keeps going up. WTG |:cheering: