PDA

View Full Version : Draped, Seated Weekend

OxShoeDrew
11-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Safari Scott came down to my neck of the woods last Sunday and pulled his 50th copper on the year, a draped bust. :cheering: He invited me to his town today and I repaid the favor. :happydance01: Only I still have two more to go to make 50. :drool:
BKM, Brian also hunted with us. I wish he and his wife well on the impending birth of their son. :congrats: :congrats:

We actually hiked four hours and detected for one. :blackeye:
After a long hike we finally found one of the many holes that should be out there. We hunted for about 45 min with no luck.....and not much swing-able area left. I changed to a 5in coil and that made the difference. I found the flat button and draped in 10min on the cellar hole lip. <: The button has more gold on it than any I've ever dug.....and some cloth. We then tried to find the other holes for a few hours before being ecstatic to see the cars again. Pictured are these and other weekend finds... not pictured is a dateless matron I found on my hour/sunup Thanksgiving hunt.
I apologize for not cleaning the stuff better but that hike really took it out of me. :)

BKM
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Congrats on the 48th Drew, it was good to get out with you again.

Today was an adventure, an hour to find the first hole which was pretty empty. 90 minutes there x 3 hunters = 2 targets so we moved on. We spent the next 2.5 hours trying to find the others to no avail. Like Drew said, 5 hours in the woods to swing for a little more than one. It could be worse though...could've been at work!

Thanks for the well wishes Drew.

SafariScott
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Great job Drew on the copper. Glad one of us walked out with a keeper. Guess it makes up for last week since I got the lone copper at your spot. I'm just sorry with all the research we put in we didn't have a little more luck. I had such high hopes when the day started. Well have to make a return visit soon to find those other holes. Glad you could come up my way and join us.

Elad
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Sweet finds! The Draped Bust copper is still eluding me. Congratulations. I also love that there is still material in your button shank!

dalewestaby
11-25-2012, 07:40 PM
I would love to live in a region of the country that holds old coins like that. Amazing finds guys!

aloldstuff
11-25-2012, 08:16 PM
WTG on getting #48. Hiking for 4 hours would just kill me. Glad you found that one hole. Nice seated also. :congrats:

del
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
wow another draped bust ?? you shure you don't want to change you username to
Draped bust Drew it does have a nice ring to it . lol lol you've been on fire with them early largies |:confused:) |:confused:) congrats Drew and i hope you make it to 50 this year.

Dan

Hawgwild
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow...very nice finds..

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-27-2012, 09:18 AM
wow another draped bust ?? you shure you don't want to change you username to
Draped bust Drew it does have a nice ring to it . lol lol you've been on fire with them early largies |:confused:) |:confused:) congrats Drew and i hope you make it to 50 this year.

Dan

I'm likin that name too Dan! :yes: DBD! nice hunt drewski!

OxShoeDrew
11-27-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm likin that name too Dan! :yes: DBD! nice hunt drewski!

you know whats funny...people call me drewski in the real world :yes:

CODY
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
WTG on some great finds. :congrats:

jkress
11-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Some incredible oldies here. :perfect10: Seated coins are always a pleasure to dig, but the Draped Bust is simply beautiful. :smitten:

Congratulation sir on an incredible coin. |:confused:)

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Spectacular finds, Drew! I would hike all day long just to find a draped bust, especially one as nice as that one! :loveit:

Nothing like fing seated silver as a bonus! thumbsup01

Congrats on the tiring but successful day! :clapping:

pulltabsteve
12-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Draped bust Drew!!! Hahahaha.... I like it too! Nice hunting Drew! Love the finds :perfect10:

Snapolson
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Great job! :perfect10:

docbars
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Congrats on some super finds