PDA

View Full Version : seated surprise

POKIE73
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
been a few days since i have had much to post went out today freestyling with amxfred and earl after only 2 digs i got a silver ring about a half hour later i got another 1245 i had been digging clad dimes for awhile so i didnt think that it would be any different boy was i wrong dug down about 5 to 6 inches and found the target was off to the side a little i pryed a clump of dirt out and the coin popped out i called earl over he looked at it and said its a seated i had thought it was a merc turns out to be a nice surprise makes my silver count 145 to date the wheties are from a few small hunt s ago dennis thanks for looking

AmxFred
11-25-2012, 06:36 PM
I saw that one come out of the ground today! <: :congrats:

Elad
11-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Nice seated!

dalewestaby
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
man i would love to hunt with you guys. Good finds like usual pokie! Diehard detecting all the way. This week im putting on winter clothes and getting out there.

POKIE73
11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
dalesworthy you are a little farther north it was not too bad out today the sun was out that makes a big difference dennis

aloldstuff
11-26-2012, 08:17 AM
WTG Dennis, :congrats: on that seated and sterling.

bigjohn
11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Dennis, that is a wonderful surprise and a nice find. That and the ring make it worth while. I am still having trouble pinpointing with my Etrac and yesterday I dug three holes side by side and never found the coin. Then I pinpointed another hole and could not find it and saw it a penny laying out of the hole but I had double checked the hole and pin pointed and it was pinpointing the hole. You know how the wiggle method can pinpoint at the top of the coil. Maybe it is user error, but it worked fine eariler in the year. I am thinking taking it to Downers Grove for repair. It is no longer fun to detect with problems. Maybe I should have you try it out. I will be driving to Chicago later this week and could swing by your area. BigJohn
PS. That seated dime is the same date as the one that got away from you earlier in the year and found by grandson, Payden.

OxShoeDrew
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Very nice hunt Dennis...love the uncle sam lol kidding...the seated is sweet.

JTGOLD
11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
nice seated and other finds,wtg.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM
impressive silver count and a sweet seated to add to the collection!

CODY
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM
WTG

jkress
11-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Ahhhh... Seated Dime! :smitten: :happydance01:

Definitely an exciting coin to pull from the ground. :yes: Congrats on the nice keeper Dennis.

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the nice seated dime, Dennis! It looks like somebody scratched their initials into the front of it, I think that adds history to the coin.

Nice silver ring too!

:congrats: