PDA

View Full Version : Woke up to WHITE!!

hoser
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Yep it snowed last night. Not much, around 3/4 but it was still the first measureable amount on the ground. I've been so busy with working on the house and its been such a bad October that I haven't even had my detector out since Sep. :' But it is supposed to be sunny and maybe in the 60's this weekend. If I finish all my leaves ( and I have a ton of them too) I WILL be swinging a coil. My big job this fall was replacing some bad siding on the house. They don't make the stuff I have so I had to make my own out of rot resistant cedar. I figure I'll have three years to really get this house looking good so we can put it on the market just before I retire. Hopefully the housing market makes a turn around so I can make some tidy cash off of it. Its water front so that will help. thumbsup01

OkieDigger
11-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Good luck with the house Hoser! I know I'm not looking forward to the white stuff. It's going to be a great week weather wise around here. I hope you get out and get some of the shiny stuff. :)

MNDigger
11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey bud sounds like winter is just around the corner unfortunately! We had our first measurable snow in early October this year and broke some records. I hear ya on the leaves too! I have way too many oak tree's in my yard and dread each fall because of it! Make sure you get out and detect before it is too late!

Epi-hunter
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm jealous of your snow!! Not of the yardwork, though :grin: Guess I should think about raking my own leaves.

Sounds like you have a great plan for the house... and waterfront is perfect. Location, location, and location!

I hope you get out detecting this week Bill!

bmattioli
11-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Boy I sure dread what's comming,, Winter. I love hunting in New England but Winter's rough at times and remember last ones withdrawl streaks. Good luck with your house..

Bruce

Islandhunter
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Keep that white crap out there will ya? :rolleyes: And leaves make good fertilizer and mulch...jsut run over em a few times with the lawnmower...your detecting time is running short so no need to waste it all by needlessly raking leaves... thumbsup01

Krom
11-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Yep... the leaves ain't fun.
If they all fell at the same time, that'd help, but the hardwood hangs in there 'til it's way too cold to have fun with it.
I hear ya on the siding thing. The style on my house is obsolete too (3-tier).
Good luck to you and Pat, Bill. It's a buyer's market right now, but you wanna get what you can when you sell, too.