PDA

View Full Version : Awesome, Thanksgiving morning hunt.

docbars
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Got out early on Thanksgiving morning. I hit the courthouse lawn,digging a ton of clad. Got tired of digging clad and started to focus on 5 or deeper hits. Found a sweet merc at 7 and then an IH'at10. All the oldies were deep. About an hour or so later hit another deep Merc. and a Buff. I was working around an old oak got a hard hit ,thought I had another deep dime but at about the 10 mark popped out a nice barber qrt. Silver ring ended my morning. About 5 hours of good hunting.

z118
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
SWEET! A barber quarter is pretty high on my wish list. Congrats!

aloldstuff
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
That's some sweet hunting. :congrats: on all your keepers, especially the Barber.

dalewestaby
11-27-2012, 03:33 PM
A barber quarter! wow. And thats a chunk of a ring! nice! |:cheering: Did you ask for the courthouse or is that fair public game?

CODY
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Awesome. Yep, a Barber quarter is at the top of my wish list also. Congrats on a great hunt.

docbars
11-27-2012, 05:56 PM
A barber quarter! wow. And thats a chunk of a ring! nice! |:cheering: Did you ask for the courthouse or is that fair public game?

Thanks for the commits.
No I didn't ask, I just went at it. I also found a 10k gold filled ring,forgot to upload the pic.
HH

Thiltzy
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Super hunt and great job at concentrating on the deeper signals :congrats:

JTGOLD
11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
nice barber and good hunt,wtg.

jkress
11-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah!!! Definitely five good hours of hunting. :peace: I'd love a day like that.

A big congrats on the silver, especially the Barber Q. She has lots of nice detail. :smitten:

No I didn't ask, I just went at it.

I've been working on a courthouse in a neighboring state for a little while now. Just got the call
this afternoon that the vote from the County Board didn't go our way. crying01 Win some - loose some. :)

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Awesome hunt, indeed! Fantastic results for a five hour hunt! That Barber Quarter is gorgeous! :loveit:

I often ignore the shallow signals and concentrate on deeper signals too, depending on the situation. If all of the shallow signals are modern coins then I start ignoring them. A person could waste all of their time digging the modern stuff and miss out on the older targets.

Congrats on the terrific day! :clapping:

docbars
12-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Awesome hunt, indeed! Fantastic results for a five hour hunt! That Barber Quarter is gorgeous! :loveit:

I often ignore the shallow signals and concentrate on deeper signals too, depending on the situation. If all of the shallow signals are modern coins then I start ignoring them. A person could waste all of their time digging the modern stuff and miss out on the older targets.

Congrats on the terrific day! :clapping:

Tony I dug clad for a good while to make sure how everything was laying in the ground. Then I went after the deeper targets. They have a firemans festival there every year and the whole county shows up lol Lots of lose change laying everywhere. I hoping to get another hunt in before winter freeze sets in. HH

etrac1
12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I like the ring and the barber quarter is in great shape