PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Field Hunting - 7 Hours - High of 29 & One Coin! GAR Belt Plate!!

milco
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
My uncle and I set up one last full day of hunting for this past Tuesday to hit some fields before the ground gets really frozen. We had a little cold spell here for several days with lows in to the mid to low teens, so the frost was out and the ground was a little frozen when we started. Once we got going the sun was out and the ground started to soften a bit. We hit one field around a cellar hole; we had been here before around the cellar hole but could not get on the field at that time due to crops. This place was just loaded with targets!! I picked up a whole small bucket of glass and pottery. This site will yield some good finds I am sure the more we get there. This home site dates from the 1850's to 1940's. My uncle found the most awesome find of the day here, the GAR belt plate!!! We then moved on to a field we have been to before. We call this field fattie field, because the only coins that have ever been found in this field have all been fattie's and all five found by my uncle this year: 1859(x3), 1860 (Tuesday) and an 1862. So I went home with the coinless drive home of shame, but it was a great day out! Enjoy the pics!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-29-2012, 09:24 PM
oh yeah your gonna keep doin good at this site! beautiful belt plate! |:cheering:

del
11-30-2012, 04:21 AM
hey Milco tell your Uncle congrats from me on finding the G.A.R. belt plate :perfect10: :perfect10: and keep hitting that place theres more scattered across acres of that field.

Dan

buck57
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Congrats to both of you guys for getting out in the cold and enjoying the day. Heck, it's just like fishin, can't come home with that lunker every time. Good hunting to ya, and your coin is out there waiting on ya thumbsup01