PDA

View Full Version : My Preeeeeeecious!

OxShoeDrew
12-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Before taking up MDing I was a golfer. Many years ago I hit an approach shot that also sent my wedding ring flying down a ravine. I parred the hole though, which took the sting out of my loss ...KIDDING! I replaced it and some years later lost that one similarly. I didn't replace the second one.....I went ring-less for about 3 or 4 years.
Thursday, on the eve of our anniversary, I was detecting a 300 yr old hay field looking for my 50th copper for the year. Up popped this heavy gold ring. The ring fit me perfectly! I excitedly brought it home and showed my wife who, at the same time, handed me an anniversary gift. You guessed it....I now have two rings!

SafariScott
12-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Nice job Drew........sorry you didn't hit number 50 yet. If you like I can take one of my 52 and bury it in your yard if that would help........congrats on the ring.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
SWEET! happy anniversary!

del
12-01-2012, 01:11 PM
wooooh weeee , after loosing two wedding rings your lucky it wasn't divorce papers lol lol lol she must be a saint Drew , congrats on your anniversary

Thiltzy
12-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Sweet wedding band :wow:
How many grams? It looks like 14k?

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

BKM
12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Happy Anniversary Drew! :happydance01:

Any woman that keeps you around after losing two wedding rings is a keeper. Not to mention one that lets you get out to swing the coil as often as you do!

Keep the coil to the ground.

Look forward to getting out again soon.

milco
12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Congrats on the nice find and the anniversary! After loosing my wedding ring and then finding it with my detector in my yard, I don't wear it anymore. I guess I am paranoid about loosing it.

swamp yankee
12-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Before taking up MDing I was a golfer. Many years ago I hit an approach shot that also sent my wedding ring flying down a ravine. I parred the hole though, which took the sting out of my loss ...KIDDING! I replaced it and some years later lost that one similarly. I didn't replace the second one.....I went ring-less for about 3 or 4 years.
Thursday, on the eve of our anniversary, I was detecting a 300 yr old hay field looking for my 50th copper for the year. Up popped this heavy gold ring. The ring fit me perfectly! I excitedly brought it home and showed my wife who, at the same time, handed me an anniversary gift. You guessed it....I now have two rings!
Great find Drew! One serious piece of yeller there,congrats and many more.HH.....

aloldstuff
12-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Drew, Happy Aniversary. Seems like you got a sweetheart of a wife there. There's good news here, you now have a backup ring. :hysterical: