PDA

View Full Version : More Pond Shore Finds

milco
12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I was on vacation this past week and made it over to the pond shore a few times. Spent a few hours there altogether and found a lot of bits of this and that. The coins are not quite as plentiful as they were when I started hunting at this site in July, but I can't complain. I got a nice group of wheat cents and a worn Buffalo nickel, plus some other interesting items including a clay marble I picked up on the surface.

JTGOLD
12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
nice wheats and other finds,got plenty of sinkers if you go fishing :grin: good hunt,wtg.

dalewestaby
12-02-2012, 12:51 AM
If you dont mind sanding those coins down like that, have at her. Persoanlly when I blast some corrosion off a coin, I leave a little bit on to make sure I dont over do it and lose detail thumbsup01

CODY
12-02-2012, 04:21 AM
WOW! Thats a lot of diggin. Nice pile of finds. Looks like it was a fun day!

aloldstuff
12-02-2012, 08:03 AM
I think it's been awhile since you've been back to the pond. Nice to see that it still produces.

:congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Wow, that's a lot of finds, Darren!

I like how you were able to make the wheaties shiny again. I'm sure they were really black and crusty coming out of the pond.

Nice buffalo nickel and clay marble too! :clapping:

milco
12-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow, that's a lot of finds, Darren!

I like how you were able to make the wheaties shiny again. I'm sure they were really black and crusty coming out of the pond.

Nice buffalo nickel and clay marble too! :clapping:

Thanks Tony! Yeah, the coins found at this shoreline are usually in real rough shape being that they are in almost gravel and used to be under water until this year, when the dry weather exposed the shoreline. I just run them through the tumbler with 75/25 water/vinegar mix for several hours. Just don't mix pennies with other coins or the whole batch will turn out copper color.