PDA

View Full Version : got a new pinpointer

del
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
well i broke down and bought another pinpointer , ordered it monday the 5th and recieved it yesterday the 7th ( boy that was quick )
. i have 3 whites pinpointers ( two older white ones and one newer black one) and when one would break down
i'd use the next and try to fix the last .well they seemed to all go at the same time , so i got tired of fiddling with them and headed in a new direction and got a vibraprobe and the first impressions are good ones , looks to be better well made and no buttons to to quit working on ya or to be fouled up with dirt or mud and is waterproof. i'll be giving it a real workout this saturday it better not fail me or Coinnut might be wearing it home as a neclace . lol rofl :poke: :poke:

i'll be posting any comments or issues after saturday's hunt.

Dan

del
04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
well took the vibra probe out for its maiden voyage and it definately performed flawlessly , great little unit , no fiddleing with knobs
and seems to be very sensitive to even the smallest of metal bits. easy in and out of its holster , the only thing
negative i can really say about it is while its on it does interfere with my dfx some , now i don't know if it does that to other detectors or not . but it really wasn't a big deal to me . if anyone is looking for a nice portable pinpointer i'd highly
recommend the vibra probe.

Dan

coinnut
04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Yea, by the 3rd hour I was tired of seeing Del play cowboys and Indians. He was quick drawing that pinpointer and yelling Bang bang rofl .....Priceless :grin:

del
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Yea, by the 3rd hour I was tired of seeing Del play cowboys and Indians. He was quick drawing that pinpointer and yelling Bang bang rofl .....Priceless :grin:

ya and you don't play fair , i must of shot you atleast a half of dozen times with it and you didn't play dead . :tongue:

hoser
04-12-2010, 03:43 AM
It is a good PP Del. The one I have used to mess with my DFX too. I moved it behind me on my belt and that seemed to help a lot. I haven't tried it with my Etrac yet to see if it does the same ting. :huh: But you are right, it is a really good unit in the field. thumbsup01

Lowjiber
05-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Since they are pulse induction machines, they'll interfere with just about every VLF detector.

I have one that I use on those few occasions when I use a machine that doesn't have a SunRay attached. I just hang it off my rear pocket. No issues. Besides, the VP should turn off by the time you've recovered the target and filled the hole.

BOWSER
08-22-2010, 12:15 AM
i had a vibraprobe,it drove me crazy, would'nt shut off,fell off the seat of my truck and interfered with the electrical system.Finally i started to take the battery out after eacg use,one day it stopped workin altogether after lookin at it for awhile i discovered that the wiring was protuding from the tip.Warranty expeired i threw it away. junk for the money