PDA

View Full Version : Mild December day hunt

bob_e99
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
When you get a December day in the 50's, you just have to be out hunting. It started off bad as I forgot to bring water and my GPS decided to stop working so I had to do it the old fashion way with paper maps. It was not an old park but the woods adjacent to it looked interesting. My first merc since spring and my first Barber this year. Also, I'm not sure if that's a Tombac but maybe someone can chime in and let me know. And lastly, I don't think the ring is silver although it was deep and came out clean. Stainless maybe? I don't know but it's a cute little ring. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

z118
12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Damn, that is a hell of a hunt. That barber is pristine. :envious: :envious: :envious: The ring is certainly silver, stainless steel would null. It looks smaller so it makes sense that it would ring up a bit lower than a silver coin. Congrats on a fantastic day. I am quite envious.

z118
12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
But still no nickels! lol I thought we worked on that.

aloldstuff
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Thats one heck of a nice looking Barber, :congrats:. It was such a beautiful day today I decided to work..... rofl

bob_e99
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
But still no nickels! lol I thought we worked on that.

The barber was a really strange signal which I could only get at a certain angle. It turns out that after I pulled the dime I got a really nice clean low signal and I was hoping it was a spill that included a V nickel but it turned out to be a shotgun shell. Other than that, I honestly dug all the signals but no nickel. :dontknow:

Thank you.

z118
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
The barber was a really strange signal which I could only get at a certain angle.

Wise man say &quot:grin:ig all the really strange signals. ;)

del
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
some very nice recoveries Bob |:cheering: |:cheering: the barber is one sharp looking coin :smitten: the button looks to be a &quot:grin:andy , a late colonial period fancy coat button.

Dan

bob_e99
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
some very nice recoveries Bob |:cheering: |:cheering: the barber is one sharp looking coin :smitten: the button looks to be a &quot:grin:andy , a late colonial period fancy coat button.

Dan

Thank you Dan. Your input is very much appreciated as always.

Bob

JTGOLD
12-03-2012, 06:59 PM
good day of hunting and some very nice finds,wtg.

jkress
12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Great keepers Bob. :clapping:

My favorites are the silver coins and the old button.

Congrats.

milco
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Great finds, that barber is just awesome shape! |:cheering: