PDA

View Full Version : Old Bullet and relics from field ....need ID help if possible

CTX Tom
12-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Hello Guys and Gals,
Hit one of my favorite fields just 2/10ths of a mile from my house.I found a pretty cool bullet that I have posted a pic of to see if anyone could possibly tell me how old it may be.Most of the time this field give up musket balls but this one is different.It does have rifiling marks towards the bottom but I'm not sure how old it could be.Also had a soild hit on my T2 and I first thought I had a large copper,but after turning it over it looks to have had 2 mounting points on the back,any ID help on this one would be great also.This field is just across the creek from a fort that still stands.Have the day off tomorrow,so I'm headed right back to the field! HH[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3]

del
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
tom it definately looks lik an older type bullet , unfortunately bullets aren't my specialty :dontknow: . i hope someone can i.d. it for you .

CTX Tom
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Oh Hey Del,I posted a back photo of that starbutton I found last week also...Tom

del
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh Hey Del,I posted a back photo of that starbutton I found last week also...Tom

Tom , the button is an old 1-piece 1830's or older and possibly even late colonial

CTX Tom
12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
very cool,thanks for the info Del.