PDA

View Full Version : A foreign silver

whammy
12-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi folks. Had time for a couple hour hunt today, so I hit my hunted out ball field. I found 7 dimes, 6 nickels, one of which was a 23 buff. Not to far from there, I got a penny something signal on the Vision. Dug down about 7 inches, and the pro pointer found a penny sized coin in the bottom. Cleaned it up a bit and it said Government of India. It has a cool picture of a horse on one side along with one pice, which I assume means cent. It was dated 1951. About a foot away, 83 flashes on the screen for a VDI. I tried and tried to repeat it but couldn't. I guessed about where it was and dug down 7 or 8 inches and spotted a little silver in the bottom of the hole. Turns out to be a well worn 1903 Canadian quarter. Its silver, and I'll take it. Any time you can detect in central N.Y. in December is awesome, and the finds, no matter how small, is just great. Thanks for reading, and happy hunting out there.

aloldstuff
12-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Very nice recovery on the Canadian silver. I would love to see a picture of it. :congrats:

CODY
12-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Good find.