PDA

View Full Version : Go in the water today with an even tide...bunch of silver

Thiltzy
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Was an even low tide today and was able to get in the water for about 2 1/2 hours. I did manage another ring but it wasn't gold :-\
I turned up as an old 925 with makers mark stamp. also managed 3 silver coins and an old silver religious pendant, It has been 3 hunts with out gold :needadrink:
Oh...forgot about the 1945 war nick

del
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
those coins sure do take a beating out in that surf (that barber almost looks like play money ) , what do you usually wear out in that cold ocean Thiltzy . wet suit , dry suit , waders or are you an all natural guy lol lol . hey i'm hoping to detect with you and Frank sometime this month , i gave Frank my best days to go.

congrats on the silver cons and ring. |:cheering:

Dan

buck57
12-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Great silver hunt there Thiltzy. :congrats: Cool looking ring. thumbsup01

Thiltzy
12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
those coins sure do take a beating out in that surf (that barber almost looks like play money ) , what do you usually wear out in that cold ocean Thiltzy . wet suit , dry suit , waders or are you an all natural guy lol lol .

Dan

I wear chest waders with long johns and wool socks underneath. For the hands I wear shoulder length neoprene insulated gauntlets but today i didn't need to wear gauntlets I went bare handed since there was no wind. water temp is 40'ish.

hey i'm hoping to detect with you and Frank sometime this month , i gave Frank my best days to go.

congrats on the silver cons and ring. |:cheering:

Dan

Dan, I am off all this week using one of my 3 week vacations to take advantage of the nice negative tides and I am always free on any weekend so send me a pm with a list of days that would be best for you. Frank and I were going to hunt Monday but it's supposed to be a wash out and he has commitments on Tues and Thurs.

Fire Fighter 43
12-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Congrats on all the silver, WTG |:cheering:

RobW
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree with Dan...those coins took a beating...then again, I'm actually amazed you are finding coins that old out there...cudo to you for braving that arctic water :frozen:

fsa46
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Can't believe I missed this when you posted it. Excellent hunt. thumbsup01

Don't think for a minute I didn't want to get out there today :daydream: even with the rain, but we have to draw the line somewhere....I think. :shocked04:verreaction:

aloldstuff
12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Now that is some cold silver...sorry I meant cool silver. I am amazed at the beating that those coins take. :congrats:

SeabeeRon
12-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Nice seeing some beach digs! Out here in California we are seeing lots of beach to hunt with the King Tides but it is all pretty sterile as we have not had any sand movement! :hairpulling: >:/

milco
12-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow, super finds but those things sure take a beating! Great hunt!

NAS
12-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Love those coins! thumbsup01