PDA

View Full Version : 1945 house site

Jason in Enid
11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I was talking with a co-worker the other day, and it turns out he has a rent house he is remodeling for a few months. Of course I HAD to ask for permission to hunt it. My research shows the house was built in 1945. It's a small house with a small yard, but I won't pass up anything,

I hit it twice today. Backyard is about 100 x 50, and the front is maybe 35 x 50. I hit it from one direction, then agian from the 90 degree angle. I pulled the usual junk, and modern clad. I pulled 5 wheaties and kept thinking, There HAS to be silver here. Then finally, after my last wheatie I found a silver Rosie!

There were a couple targets I walked away from, becuase I didn't want to make a mess digging blindly. My X-1 is coming. Should be tomorrow!! thumbsup01 I also found a play money nickel and what I think it a makeup lid. I'm still cleaning the lid.

I also had a new repsonse I hadn't seen yet. I got a good reading. It was a little jumpy, but I had no doubt it was a coin (12-41 - 11-42 range). When I pinpointed, the numbers dropped to something like 35-44. I went back and scanned again. Good reading, just jumpy. Pinpoint, and it shows iron. I was about to walk away when I decided I HAD to see what this was. I pulled the plug, and scanned it from the bottom. Solid, reading. no jump. I broke it apart and found an older memorial cent. I rescanned the rest of the plug and got a null. Yep, there was an iron nail about an inch above the coin. Dang this machine impresses the heck out of me!

This makes 3 silvers with my E-Trac so far. Thanks for looking.

Epi-hunter
11-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats on the silver! Very nice post... you are rocking with that E-trac! You will love the X-1, trust me ;)

OkieDigger
11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Nice digs!

BTW, I never trust the pinpoint numbers. In pinpoint mode it is not using the filters or other settings. You might say it's an ALL METAL pinpoint mode. So any piece of iron or other trash near the target is picked up and will throw off the FE and CO numbers.

angellionel
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Very nice! You are clearly doing well with the E-Trac. You will again enjoy hitting many of your old hunting grounds. The X-1 is definitely going to come in handy.

MNDigger
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Congrats on the nice looking hunt! thumbsup01

bmattioli
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
That's a nice hunt, you did awesome. Everytime I see these posts of what the E-Trac can do I yearn for one more and more. Good luck with your new X-1..

Bruce

marchas45
11-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice finds Jason, nice looking silver E-Trac strikes again. thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Good stuff Jason!

Dave
11-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice finds! thumbsup01 I'm so close to jumping on the e-trac bandwagon it just isn't funny. I'm glad you are doing well with it!

Snowy
11-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice finds Jason, nice looking silver E-Trac strikes again. thumbsup01

Charlie... next group hunt we meet up at, can you show me your E-Trac?
(that doesn't sound right, but I assure everyone I'm talking about the metal detector :grin:)