PDA

View Full Version : Need I.D. help

leslie(nova scotia)
04-09-2010, 03:01 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....got out for a whole 20 minutes before I had to give up due to coughing, gagging, sneezing and having an out of body feeling due to ears being plugged. Managed a few coins and a dewy. Need identification help on this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P9010001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P9010002.jpg
Item turns completely and is box like with the same design on each panel with what looks like a broken &quot:daydream: on the top that could be used to put on a chain. Any info appreciated.

Dr. Sindar Paul Seetharamadoo got a visit from me and promptly put me on two meds....one for pneumonia and one for another viral infection and orders to stay home for 5 to 7 days! No diggy diggy for a week...........................digging withdrawal with no cure!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
no clue leslie but it looks victorian era to me.very cool find! keep us posted as to what it was used for?does one of the panels open? maybe herbs went in it and worn on the neck??
GET WELL SOON!
dave

Lowjiber
04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
No clue, Leslie.

However, our prayers will be for you to be well soon. thumbsup01

coinnut
04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey Leslie, I just Googled Victorian spinner lockets and a bunch of different ones come up. Not sure if that is what it is, but they were extremely popular. Some were for pictures and some were Chastity ones lol Since yours doesn't look like it would hold pictures, I vote chastity thumbsup01 :embarrassed:

angellionel
04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure what that is, but I like the design. :yes: Get well soon Les!

Cheap Thrills
04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Never seen anything like that Leslie, a cool find for sure . Take care of yourself and get well soon .
After you get over this get a pneumonia shot , lasts 10 years . Working around the airport you are constantly being bombarded by new and potent airborne critters .

Baba

Epi-hunter
04-09-2010, 05:39 PM
My first thought was that it might be a vintage pill box pendant, but I'm not sure if it opens or not. And it's sort of a strange design for that.

If it opens, you can just put your Levaquin or Avelox tablets in there, or whatever they gave you for your pneumonia, and head out detecting lol No, I'm just kidding Les. I hope you get better soon. Pneumonia is serious business. Make sure you are all healed before putting stress on yourself.