PDA

View Full Version : Great Hunt with Many Type Coins...along with Al's buffalo

RobW
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Sunday was a beautiful day to get out, I was 8 shy of the 100 silver coin mark for the year. Kept hitting stubmling blocks getting out the door, including a rather funny story about my boots, which my dog had chewed the laces and I asked my wife to pick up some for me, so I had to restring them before going out, only to find that my wife had bought the wrong ones, and she came into the kitchen as I was trying to figure how to tie them, as they were twice as long as I needed, to which she replied...Just wanted to make sure they were long enough for you!...gave a whole new meaning to double-tying one's shoes 8/......so finally got out of the house, picked up Al, then realized I left my battery in the charger >{ and had to go back home to get it......thus we started out late..... >:#

So we made it to our Silver Hole finally. We have been beating this thing to death, but it keeps producing :yes: So I was trying to figure where I was going to focus :thinkingabout: I did around a tree area, with no success, then we over to an area I had not done, but had proven a bit successful for Al in the past, a few wheats, a V nickel, and BAM, a mist some trash a Merc :peace:...ok one down 7 to go. Went to a hilly area that has been good....nothing, nothing...BAM solid 12/46. Dug my hole, there it was on the side...1924 Standingliberty Quarter! happydance02 Worked the area some more...nothing. Went over to an area that Al and I have both hit pretty hard....There was Al's Buffalo...wellactually mine..but he was the one looking for it... lol Got a 12/24 signal, decided to dig...good thing too...I pulled out a military badge...rubbed it off..said Sharpshooter I didn't think too much about it, just thought it was pretty neat, I showed it to Al, he said it might be silver, I rubbed the dirt off on the back and sure enough Sterling <:...when I got it home and cleaned it off, it has a date on the front of 1902..now I don't think it's just neat...I thing it's pretty darn cool :cool:...then a few yard away, I got a VERY iffy signal but it had a just enough of a tone to make me decide to dig, but if I based it on the number's I would not have done so....and there she was 1901 Barber Half :happy:...I screamed like a little girl :cheering:...I saw Al turn around to look...he had his earphones on and was half way acreoss the park lol. I skeaked one more Merc out of the area..making 4 silvers for the day.......4 more to go. I also scored a pre WWII button.

Also of note... I also scored an Indian...I don't know what made me decide to dig it, other than the voice inside my head...it was a SOLID 12/20, no corrosion, and nothing else in the hole :dontknow:...makes me wonder about all the others I have missed :hairpulling:

aloldstuff
12-10-2012, 02:06 PM
WTG Rob. You'll get to that 100th silver yet. You got yourself some very nice coins on that hunt. What would youi say is the total of silvers to come out of that park? Told ya that sharpshooter ladder badge was old, but to actually have the date on it is great. Hope I can be with ya when you find the 100th, I'll bring the camera to take that picture.

RobW
12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Ifigure I've pulled about 70+ silvers, about 8 indians, 2 LCs, 7 V nickels, Many Buffalos, a few dollars face value of wheats, some silver jewerly, and a few buttons..and some other misc. from there...it's been good to us this year :grin:

I think you've pulled 40+ silvers...so around 130 silvers from there this year... :thinkingabout:

We need another place like this! :yes:

del
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
hey i sure do hope your wife gets you a camera for Christmas , cause i don't think i can stand anymore of these headaches looking at your posts . :bananadance: lol lol jeez Rob, my eyes hurt trying to see the detail lol lol hey congrats on some very sweet silver coinage |:cheering: |:cheering: love the sharpshooter medal :smitten:

I'll being the camera to take that picture.

forget the camera Al bring the video with audio , Rob crying out like a little girl would be very entertaining to watch plus just think of all leverage you would have at the next hunts. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: ;)

leslie(nova scotia)
12-10-2012, 04:42 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....we all have had starts to days like you experienced but it did get better. Wtg me son and best of the deason to youz and the mrs! Gud read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <;) :detecting:

buck57
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Great hual ther Rob. :congrats:

milco
12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Great finds Rob! You scored some nice ones! Amazed that the half was so iffy, but who knows what else was around it, maybe a pile of nails and V nickels in the same hole, did you rescan the hole? WTG on a great hunt!

RobW
12-11-2012, 08:33 AM
I know my pics are HORRIBLE!!!!! I have a camera I just had using it...find the camera,remember to charge the battery, take the pic, remember to bring it into work, plug it into the computer...It's much easier to just use my phone and email it to myself and deal with it when I go to work and deal with it. And I have been bad at postings due to how busy I have been at work too.....just doing what I can >:tongue:

Tony Two-Cent
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Terrific finds, Rob! Huge congrats on the Barber Half, a coin that is still on my bucket list.

It's always a rare treat to find an SLQ too, especially one with a legible date! :yes:

Very cool silver sharpshooter badge too! I've never seen one with a date on it like that. Very nice!

:congrats:

del
12-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I know my pics are HORRIBLE!!!!! I have a camera I just had using it...find the camera,remember to charge the battery, take the pic, remember to bring it into work, plug it into the computer...It's much easier to just use my phone and email it to myself and deal with it when I go to work and deal with it. And I have been bad at postings due to how busy I have been at work too.....just doing what I can >:tongue:

o.k then you need a the tripod app for your phone lol lol

RobW
12-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Dan, The only thing that would make my pics any worse would be if George came over and cleaned my lens with sandpaper rofl lol rofl

jkress
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Rob, truly fantastic finds in this group! :perfect10:

My goodness, I'd love to add many of these to my pocket for the year. :smitten: A big silver congratulations to you.

All the silver is great, but the Barber and SLQ are true beauties. Especially the SS medal. :drool: