PDA

View Full Version : A Day in Wiconsin Hunting with FireFighter43 at his Infamous Picnic Grove!

Ill Digger
12-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Jeff invited Ted and I up to his infamous picnic grove once again. Within the first 20 minutes Ted and I each had a silver dime.
I had a 1920d Merc and Ted a really nice 1916 Barber! Things slowed down a bit till I got a deep iffy signal. I dig down and find a rusty bottle cap. >:# Then out of the side of the hole pops a silver quarter! :shocked04: A 1954d Washington. :happydance01: Minutes later I hear Ted say I just found a Standing Liberty! But probably the best part of the whole day was when Jeff found his very first 2 cent piece! The first one in over 30 years of detecting! :clapping: He said it's his Find of the Season. I felt privileged to be there the day it happened! :yes: Congrats again Jeff! :clapping: :beerbuddy: Ted and I each had a good day too.
Right before dark I found what might be my coin find of the season!
A really nice 1917s SLQ!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_2003.jpg

It's a type 2 variety. with stars ***
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_2004.jpg
By far the nicest SLQs I've ever found! :smitten:

Here's my take for the day :)
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1998.jpg

Ted had a good day too :yes:
As he was getting into the truck I asked him if he found anything else . With a big smile on his face he says :cheesysmile: I found a Walking Liberty half dollar!
Here's his booty for the day...
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1995.jpg

A great day thumbsup01 with great friends :grouphug: at great spot :perfect10: with everyone making great finds! :peace: What more can you ask for! :daydream:
Thanks again to Jeff for the invite! |:confused:)
Thanks for lookin'!! GL & HH !! :groovy:

chief5709
12-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Congrats ! Looks like a great day had by all!

CyberSage
12-11-2012, 07:55 AM
That is one heck of a nice SLQ! Looks like everyone on the hunt had a good time, and pulled some nice old coins. Thanks for sharing the hunt Tim!

Jack

aloldstuff
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Tim, it's always nice to hunt a site like that. :congrats: on your finds and that SLQ is a beaut.

dave in iowa
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
wow great hunt ,,,,
|:cheering:

Ill Digger
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Congrats ! Looks like a great day had by all!
Thanks Chief! You ain't kiddin'! Any day everyone finds something good, is a great day if you ask me! :yes:
Specially on the day Jeff finds his first 2 center! :clapping:

That is one heck of a nice SLQ! Looks like everyone on the hunt had a good time, and pulled some nice old coins. Thanks for sharing the hunt Tim!

Jack
Thanks Jack! I'm more than happy to share a story like this one! So happy that this isn't even the original post..... :confused:
I had a even better write up all done up last night and while I was embedding my photos I somehow erased my entire thread! :shocked04: >:# >:/ :hairpulling: >{
So this is a quick second draft 8/ lol

Tim, it's always nice to hunt a site like that. :congrats: on your finds and that SLQ is a beaut.
Thanks Al! It sure is! I can't thank Jeff enough! |:confused:)
It was getting dark fast when I found my SLQ. I didn't realize how good of shape it was in until I got back home and got a good look at it. :shocked04: :drool: :smitten:

wow great hunt ,,,,
|:cheering:
Thanks Dave! :groovy:
It was fun to be part of such a successful hunt! :daydream:

Tony Two-Cent
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
How generous of Jeff to share that incredible site! :yes:

Great bunch of finds, Tim! thumbsup01

That SLQ Is a real beauty for sure! As neat as it would be to find a Type I, the Type II is actually more valuable. I love the beading around the rim on the obverse. What a gorgeous coin! :loveit:

It looks like Ted had a great day too!

Congrats to all! :perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Congrats on your finds Tim, as always it was a pleasure to hunt with you and Ted. I'm always happy to see nice finds when extend an invite. Hopefully the frozen ground will shift a few more goodies for next season. Oh by the way I releaved that you found Ted, I might of had to go out on a rescue mission that night, LOL

milco
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Great finds Tim, that SLQ is a stunner! :shocked04: What a sweet bunch of finds you guys had!

jkress
12-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh my goodness Tim!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Your 'take' from the day is memory making. :smitten: Four silver coins - two of them quarters - one of the quarters a SLQ!!! <:

Very, very well done sir. :clapping: I'm drooling over the '17S.

Glad to see Ted had a banner day too. :yes: A WLH and SLQ in the same hunt would make me happy for the rest of the year.
Let him know I said... :peace: