PDA

View Full Version : New Member from North Andover MA & currently Helmand Province Afghanistan

Ba19
12-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Hello from Helmand Province Afghanistan,

I currently hunt F75LTD and have had decent success with that when I do get out, when I am home (I seem to be spending an awful lot of time over here since 4-2010 I think I have been home a total of 6-8 months) but anyway that’s by choice.

I am getting a like new V3i with the inline Sunray probe and will possibly be looking at an additional coil and was looking at one of the larger SEF V rates coils down the road.

I also have purchased (Xmass) for my 9 year old son a Garrett Ace150 for him to use and I will eventually let him get the F75.

I would really be grateful for any reading material on metal detecting (lost treasure, the searcher and east west treasure) that may be heading to the recycle bin I would love to get my hands on a couple issues if at all possible.

Another side note / request if I can get that copy of “The book of Jack” to read in the mean time until I come home for a few more months in mid summer. I will probably head back over here in fall so who knows how much time I will have so I want to make the best of if.

Thanks again
Bruce

Epi-hunter
12-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Bruce and welcome!

Check out my username - you are getting my v3i :) I am in the process of replying to your last message, by the way, but it all sounds good.

The Book of Jack will help you a lot. It was put together by Cybersage (Jack) and Lowjiber (John) who are administrators here on the forum. Someone will e-mail you one.

Welcome, and I'm glad you found your way here!

Angie

Ba19
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Angie, what a nice surprise to find you here...I am very excited to get your machine and hope to be well versed on it by the time I get home. But I am sure you know nothing beats field time to learn your machine.

Thanks againa nd I am sure I will be in touch with you in the future....if you ever get up to MA let me know.

del
12-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Hello Bruce ,
thank you for your service to our country sir. welcome to American Detectorist , i wish ya a lot of luck when you get home to use that machine .Your not to far from me here in northern Connecticut maybe when you get back out here in the states we can arrange a hunt or two for some colonial relic detecting . Bruce you take of there , keep your head down and godspeed ya back home soon.

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
12-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank You for your service Bruce and welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. Stay safe until your return to the states.

CODY
12-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. You Military or Contractor? Will be looking forward to your finds and post. I also use a F75 LTD. Stay safe and watch your six.

aloldstuff
12-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Bruce, welcome from western MA. Thank you for your service and be safe. Just to let you know I also run the V3i and love it.

Ba19
12-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Hello Bruce ,
thank you for your service to our country sir. welcome to American Detectorist , i wish ya a lot of luck when you get home to use that machine .Your not to far from me here in northern Connecticut maybe when you get back out here in the states we can arrange a hunt or two for some colonial relic detecting . Bruce you take of there , keep your head down and godspeed ya back home soon.

Dan

Dan -- for sure that would be great and I will buy us lunch, lets plan to keep in touch either way.

Welcome from Mississippi. You Military or Contractor? Will be looking forward to your finds and post. I also use a F75 LTD. Stay safe and watch your six.

Cody, was Military last year, got out and am over here as a security contractor. I have to say it’s a little better on the civilian side of the house vs. Mil.

Bruce, welcome from western MA. Thank you for your service and be safe. Just to let you know I also run the V3i and love it.

Aloldstuff, where about are you when I get back we should try to head out a time or two.

aloldstuff
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Bruce, I am in Westfield, MA. Rob W and I have been hunting together for about a year now and we would love to get together for a hunt.

SeabeeRon
12-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Welcome from the West Coast and a Viet Nam Era Vet!! Thank You for you Service! ::usaflag::

Lowjiber
12-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Glad you're coming home! ::usaflag::

Welcome from another Vietnam vet in southern Nevada. I say a prayer every night for you folks to be safe and come home. (Wife is a former Marine and I'm an Army guy.)

I sent The Book of Jack to the email that you used when you registered, along with a lengthy note. If it doesn't arrive, please advise.

John

Ba19
12-14-2012, 06:10 PM
John got the email / book.....mucho thanks

A big thank you to everyone else for the warm welcome!

Tony Two-Cent
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the American Detectorist forum, Bruce! Glad you found us! :yes:

I'm curious, have you ever done any metal detecting in Afganistan? I'm not sure how safe it would be or what the laws are like, but that sure is some old country there.

Best of luck with your new V3i. I'm sure it will be a great machine for you. Hopefully it still has some of Angie's mojo left. thumbsup01

buck57
12-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Hey, welcome aboard Bruce, from one more vet. ::usaflag:: Not as old as ole SeabeeRon and Lowjiber (LOL), but did give 20 to the USAF. Nice to see you breaking your son in on this fun and interesting hobby. I always say, detecting is like getting a two fer. You hunt and find your treassure, then you hunt on google trying to figure out what you just found, and I love it. Wish I had this much interest in history back in my school days, I'd be a brainiac today :crazy: :crazy: Hope you can get to detecting soon. Keep safe, thumbsup01 Eric

Ba19
12-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the American Detectorist forum, Bruce! Glad you found us! :yes:

I'm curious, have you ever done any metal detecting in Afganistan? I'm not sure how safe it would be or what the laws are like, but that sure is some old country there.

Best of luck with your new V3i. I'm sure it will be a great machine for you. Hopefully it still has some of Angie's mojo left. thumbsup01

Tony, not sure what kind of reception I woudl get walikng around a FOB in a combat zone with a metal detector. I think it may freak some folks out, but I agree that there are probably soem good stuff to find around here, and I can only hope the new detector when I get it still has some good MOJO on it still it.

JTGOLD
12-28-2012, 10:16 PM
welcome to the forum.

jkress
01-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist Ba19. It is our pleasure to have you here with us. :clapping:

Thank you sir for your service. |:confused:)

Looking forward to your hunts. :->