PDA

View Full Version : Gold at the end of the rainbow

Thiltzy
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM
We had a very nice negative low tide today. It was around -.60 negative so I made it a priority to get in the water. As a was driving to my hunting site, I noticed a beautiful rainbow just as the rain was diminishing. I thought to myself...that rainbow has got to be a sign of a good hunt today.

Right from the start I was scooping wheats from the water. I was actually amazed at how many wheats I was pulling up and I knew right away that I was in a good spot. Then the silver coins started coming up so my hopes were high. The great thing about the hunt was that every target was just faint wispers and every recovery was a deep one. All my targets were more than 2 scoops deep and only 3 targets were of the trash variety. All the deep scooping was wearing me out but then I got a religious medallion and at first I thought it was gold when it gave off a nice golden shine. I kept saying to myself that there has got to be gold here, there is just to many older coins for there not to be :crossfingers:.

Then after about 2 hours I finally saw that lovely color gold at the bottom of my scoop <: A 4 gram 10k mans ring. After about 3 hours in the water, it was starting to get dark so I decided to make one more line out into the deeper water and then back to the car. Another ring on my final sweep but was only a 925 friendship ring.
Back to the water tomorrow and happy water hunting

fsa46
12-12-2012, 07:38 AM
What a great hunt Thiltzy. Congratulations.

Thiltzy
12-12-2012, 07:50 AM
What a great hunt Thiltzy. Congratulations.
Thanks, while I was hunting I was thinking too bad Frank wasn't here

fsa46
12-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks, while I was hunting I was thinking too bad Frank wasn't here

With a -1' tide today and a wind out of the North you should be able the walk all the way to Long Island :yes:. . Looking forward :daydream: to a reading your post about todays hunt....it should be a beauty. thumbsup01

If the tide didn't correspond with the end of the hunt and the rush hour traffic, I would be there in a minute. It would be just to overwhelming for me to get out of there at that hour. :crying02: :-\ :(

buck57
12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Great finds there Thiltzy :congrats: You gotta be growing some web feet by now :grin:
Hope today was as good as yesterday, thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
You are sure making some great finds!! I have been seeing lots of old silver coin coming from your area Post Sandy!

NAS
12-15-2012, 06:04 AM
Great hunt, you've found beautiful finds! :yes:

BHNugget
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Nice gold and silver, congrats on the hunt! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
12-16-2012, 11:23 PM
WTG congrats on getting the Gold! |:cheering:

PL8MAN
12-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Great finds !