PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Find…

texasboy112
04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Last week I took the pastor of my church out detecting and let him use my X-Terra 505. As we were moving along he said that he had a reading and began to dig. He saw an old 7-up can about two inches below the surface and continued to dig it up. He grabbed the can, and as he did a big old tarantula ran out of it and jumped onto a cement border about three inches away. Obviously he was somewhat taken back. I’ve attached a picture below. I never realized that detectors can pickup on tarantulas!!!!! :confused:

Geekwinkle
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
After I cleaned my shorts lol I'd have probably introduced that thing to the bottom of my boot :poke: ........ don't do spiders, especially not baseball-sized ones!

toehead
04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
After I cleaned my shorts lol I'd have probably introduced that thing to the bottom of my boot :poke: ........ don't do spiders, especially not baseball-sized ones!

Same here! I hate anything with a lot of legs and a lot of eyes!! :shocked04:

del
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
hey you guys kicked him out of his burrow , he was styling in that aluminum house of his until you evicted him lol lol lol

angellionel
04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow! Upon seeing that thing pop out of the can I would have yelped like a five year old. lol

del
04-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow! Upon seeing that thing pop out of the can I would have yelped like a five year old. lol

now i don't know about anyone else but i'd pay good money to see and hear that . lol lol

John M
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Yes sir, I would not have liked that at all.There are a few critters that I don't like sneaking up on me and that is one of them.I have been snuck up by this critter and I must have jumped back 10 feet.

angellionel
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
now i don't know about anyone else but i'd pay good money to see and hear that . lol lol

I bet you would. lol lol

Yes sir, I would not have liked that at all.There are a few critters that I don't like sneaking up on me and that is one of them.I have been snuck up by this critter and I must have jumped back 10 feet.

I have met up with a few of those too, one only a couple of weeks ago. They sure will make you jump. :shocked04:stretcher:

Lowjiber
04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
That's it!!!! I'm done metal detecting. I can't say Ewwwwww and Yikes loud enough. lol

coinnut
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Sign me up for that too lol I gotta see that ;)

I'd give that house back to that little guy and ask forgiveness :cheesysmile: Don't want the little feller coming home to live in my house :-\

hoser
04-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Something they used to say at the start of the old Superman show sums it up for me able to leap TALL buildings in a single bound I have seen these spiders up close and it scares the devil out of me. :shocked04: Now snakes don't bother me at all........unless they are a lot bigger than I am. rofl

Hook
05-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Last week I took the pastor of my church out detecting and let him use my X-Terra 505. As we were moving along he said that he had a reading and began to dig. He saw an old 7-up can about two inches below the surface and continued to dig it up. He grabbed the can, and as he did a big old tarantula ran out of it and jumped onto a cement border about three inches away. Obviously he was somewhat taken back. I’ve attached a picture below. I never realized that detectors can pickup on tarantulas!!!!! :confused:

sorry guys i know this is an old post, but i just read it and thought i would pass on this amusing story about myself.
While deer hunting as a late teen, i was walking down an old dirt road in west central louisiana and came upon a big hairy trantula on the road . as i walked toward it, it turned to face me , and when i got too close to it, it jumped towards me . startled, i jumped backwards and leveled my rifle at the hip at it. then i cracked up laughing, thinking only a dumb cajun would pull a rifle on a spider :cheesysmile: rofl
i walked on around it, and continued my hunt.

Beefcake
05-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Man am I glad we don't have them things around here... snakes I can handle... Big honking spiders like that...NO WAY! I'd freak out just to step on it... I don't even like the little ones, let alone the huge ones like that! I'm with Angel...I'd be screaming like a 3 yr old....

tanacat
05-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Man am I glad we don't have them things around here... snakes I can handle... Big honking spiders like that...NO WAY!

I'm with Beefcake on this one :shocked04: Wild tarantulas give me the heeby jeebies
Tame ones are okay as long as someone else is holding them lol