PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from Cape Cod Massachussetts

whydah
12-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Hello from Cape Cod, Ma and Merry Christmas... Been metal Detecting for over 42 + years... and had my best ever year this year with rings. Love to water hunt and land hunt. I hunt all year long rite through the Winter when some people find it too cold... I am still out there... I use a few different detectors for different conditions... Never too old to learn.... Keep it low and slow... Remember Treasure is where you find it...NOT way over there! Happy Hunting

aloldstuff
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
whydah, welcome from western Ma. Wow 42 years is a vey long time, bet you got some stories to tell. Would love to see some photos of all those rings. Looking forward to your future finds.

whydah
12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Here are couple from this year... Thanks for the welcome !

whydah
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
and another

Tony Two-Cent
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
No wonder you like to hunt in the winter time after finding huge chunks of ice like that! :shocked04:

thumbsup01

Welcome to American Detectorist! Glad to have you here! :clapping:

whydah
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks Tony... I realy love to find the goodies especially after I know someone has been there. Makes me feel like I kinda know what I'm doing.... :pirate:

angellionel
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome aboard whydah! Glad you decided to join us. thumbsup01

whydah
12-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks Angel, looking forward to being a part of the community here...
Merry Christmas.. :detecting:

Fire Fighter 43
12-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have another seasoned veteran in our ranks . I'm looking forward to seeing some of your finds and your imput on the forum.

whydah
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks Firefighter... Merry Christmas to you

del
12-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Whydah , no doubt your name is referring to Sam Bellamy's infamous pirate ship that went down out your way off the cape. glad you found and joined our community here .

Dan

whydah
12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome aboard Dan. yes thats what the name is for... Love that ole Pirate stuff... :pirate:

buck57
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey there whydah, and welcome from mid Missouri :waving: Very sweet looking rings you have there. Always wanted to do some water hunting, and if are plans hold true, and we move to Fl, I'll be hitting the beaches by summer. Welcome aboard and good hunting to ya, Eric

jkress
12-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist whydah. It is nice to have you join the group. :clapping:

42 years of digging is very impressive. :shocked04: The two rings you posted here are breathtaking. :smitten: True trophies.

I'd love to see your two favorite coins/relics from your four decades of treasure hunting. :-> :-> :-> Any chance? :)

Lowjiber
12-19-2012, 06:49 AM
42+ years! Wow, that's more time than I spent in the chow line. lol

We're certainly glad to have you aboard. Welcome from southern Nevada.

whydah
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey there whydah, and welcome from mid Missouri :waving: Very sweet looking rings you have there. Always wanted to do some water hunting, and if are plans hold true, and we move to Fl, I'll be hitting the beaches by summer. Welcome aboard and good hunting to ya, Eric

Buck, Thanks for the kudos... hey believe it or not even after all these years, This past Summer has been my best yet with Gold...Get out in the water..It's where it's happening... Happy Holidays..

whydah
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist whydah. It is nice to have you join the group. :clapping:

42 years of digging is very impressive. :shocked04: The two rings you posted here are breathtaking. :smitten: True trophies.

I'd love to see your two favorite coins/relics from your four decades of treasure hunting. :-> :-> :-> Any chance? :)

Hello Jkress, ... I am sure over time I will be posting some of my goodies... Most of them are in glass cases, but every now and then I like to take them out and fondle them... Here's a good one I thought you might like. Got it over the Summer... I got a Barber quarter and this Meershaum pipe in the same scoop at neck deep... I'm being told that it could date as far back as the early 1700's.... Happy Holidays

OxShoeDrew
12-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello and welcome from CT. That is some sweet :detecting: there. Do you sell rings like that?

CODY
12-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum.

JTGOLD
12-26-2012, 03:20 PM
welcome to the forum from central Illinois.

jkress
01-06-2013, 02:12 AM
I'm being told that it could date as far back as the early 1700's

Wow... this is a beautiful piece. :smitten: :drool:
A big congrats to you. :)