PDA

View Full Version : Hit 100...and got a Standing Ovation

RobW
12-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I was hanging at a tota of 96 silvers for the year...so close to the 100 mark. With only a few weeks left in the year, and the busy holiday season, living in new England where you don't know when the ground is going to say no more, along with a death in the family with the funeral on Saturday....I thought I just may have to give in and still be estatic about reaxching 96. >:#

However, the funeral wasn't till 1pm, so long as I was back home by noonish, I could make it...and I sold my soul to my wife for a few hours on Saturday morning >8)...Al and I took seperate cars to the park..

I decided to hit a tree line that had produced some great keepers, but generally we avoid that area of the park...we'll it being cold out, no one was around, so I hit the area again, within a few min. BAM..1912 Barber dime happydance02...3 to go...working the back side of the tree line.....BAM 1944 Merc :happydance01:.... 2 to go...and I'm only 20 min into the hunt with a few hrs left.....Still in the area and get a 12-46..deep plug.....BAM 1918 Standing Liberty Quarter <:.....1 to go :hairpulling:... I can't decide where to go now, I finished that area....I look around a bit. I show Al what I've found...plus the wheats...he says..just wonder around...so I spend my time, kinda wondering around hot spots...nothing...about 20 min left to hunt...I was in an area I have hit numerous times and had produced some great finds, Al just happened to be a few yards from me...... I get a 12-46 signal...I dig my plug and go over it and get a 12-45 signal...I'm thinking this is probably a silver dime...I say to Al...This might be it!
.....and what to my wondering eyes shall appear...another Standing Liberty Quarter making 100 for the year :happy:

So I probably will not get out for the rest of the year >{ >:/ >:#...but I hit all of my goals and then some...it truely has been an amazing detecting year for me...and I've had a great friend to share it all with :smitten:

aloldstuff
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
WTG Rob, hitting 100 silvers in our area is a major accomplishment. You also got yourself some nice coins, Barbers, SLQ, WLH, to mention a few. Now I don't want to put any pressure on ya.......but what about next year........125+. I think we are both in agreement on this, Angel did not hunt this park.

Sorry about forgeting the camera but hey, I'm old.

Again congrats on this accomplishment.

ChrisinCT
12-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Sorry to hear you lost someone close.

Congrats on the sweet silvers and reaching 100. That's amazing that you can find that many silvers in a year.

It blows my mind and really makes me think I'm doing something wrong, in six months I've found less than ten.

I am so jealous of you.

del
12-17-2012, 04:34 PM
:cheering: :bananadance: :cheering:[size=24pt]Congrats on making the 100 Mark Rob !!! :cheering: :bananadance: :cheering:

i would of love to seen that monumental dance ;) two SLQ in one hunt are almost unheard of my friend , very nice |:cheering: |:cheering:

DirtyMoney
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
:congrats: That is a remarkable accomplishment. You get another standing ovation from over here. :clapping: Can;t wait to see what next year brings. thumbsup01

HH & Merry Christmas

RobW
12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
I think we are both in agreement on this, Angel did not hunt this park.

I would agree lol

It blows my mind and really makes me think I'm doing something wrong, in six months I've found less than ten.

You're not necessarily doing anything wrong....a BIG part of it is finding the right places, and fine tuning your skills.
We just had the right place this year :yes:

i would of love to seen that monumental dance ;) two SLQ in one hunt are almost unheard of my friend , very nice |:cheering: |:cheering:

It was not quite as flamoyant of a dance as usual...but there was a bit of a scream lol I have pulled 6 SLQs from that park this year..and was VERY happy that my 100th was something special...even though I would have taken a Roosie for it :yes:

MIKE54
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
nice year ! I know what you mean about the northeast but Sat wasn't a bad day to hunt and fairly warm for up here

RobW
12-17-2012, 05:28 PM
It was a great day...after it warmed up a bit...but it started cold :frozen:

Hey Al........I'm still surprised we have not pulled a single seated from there...2 large cents, and indians, and some early barber....but :dontknow: :thinkingabout:
Maybe next year :cheesysmile:

buck57
12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
:wow: A BIG congrats to you Rob for one hell of an accomplishment :perfect10: :perfect10: What a way to finish out the year. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
It was a great day...after it warmed up a bit...but it started cold :frozen:

Hey Al........I'm still surprised we have not pulled a single seated from there...2 large cents, and indians, and some early barber....but :dontknow: :thinkingabout:
Maybe next year :cheesysmile:

yeah that is weird, they have to be there, so we'll gettem next year.

Rob L
12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Congrats Rob! I'd be happy to get that many in 6 years.

Epi-hunter
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
.....and what to my wondering eyes shall appear...another Standing Liberty Quarter making 100 for the year :happy:

lol I wondered if anyone was going to write some holiday detecting poetry this year. :)

Just an amazing hunt. What a way to go out! Congratulations! :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
12-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Huge congrats on your 100th silver of the year, Rob! :perfect10:

How cool that it was a Standing Liberty Quarter! And you even found TWO of them in one day! Incredible! |:confused:)

They're one of my favorite coins. :smitten:

What an amazing year you've had! :clapping:

milco
12-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Another great hunt! Congrats on the great finds and getting to #100!! |:cheering:

CODY
12-18-2012, 12:50 AM
WTG!!! Congrats on the 100! Sweet finds for sure. :congrats:

RobW
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you everyone :embarrassed:

What an amazing year you've had! :clapping:

You've had a GREAT year too thumbsup01

lol I wondered if anyone was going to write some holiday detecting poetry this year. :)

I was wondering if anyone picked up on that lol

leslie(nova scotia)
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great early Xmas present......silver from the earth. Best ofthe season to you and the brood! <;)

jkress
12-18-2012, 11:42 PM
<: <: <: <:

Now that's how you hit the impressive 100 mark. :clapping: Congratulations Rob. :beerbuddy:

Definitely a 'Standing' ovation. |:confused:) Two true beauties. :smitten: I've enjoyed following your
hunt this year. You had an awesome one.

Fire Fighter 43
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
A BIG :congrats: on hitting #100 and its a great coin WTG |:cheering:

dpdave38
12-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Congrats on the hunt and the great year you have had.

Dave