PDA

View Full Version : Where I Play With Treasure

z118
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
One of the upgrades in the house we moved into this summer is a nice, enclose room in the basement that became my workroom. My tools and workbench are in there, along with all of my wine and wine making stuff (bottles, carboys, etc). An recently I built myself a small bench dedicated solely to detecting finds. It's not much but I sure do like having a spot where I can lay out all my treasures and tinker with them at will. The Mrs appreciates them not being on a kitchen counter too. lol I may add a few more features down the road. But for now it's nice. And yes, that is the 2013 American Detectorist calendar in the pic! It was the perfect finishing touch.

Happy hunting...

del
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
nice looking detecting area Z |:cheering: |:cheering: one of thses days i'll finish my mancave and have a few detecting spaces like that.

hey nice calander by the way ;)

Thiltzy
12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Great Idea, I need to do something like that :thinkingabout:

aloldstuff
12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
My wife would love for me to have a nice spot like that for my finds (instead of the kitchen sink). I told her that the only place really available to me in the house would be in the basement. I do have a rather large work bench down there on which I have my tumbler, and some finds (locks) but no running water. So for right now I have my finds displayed in 4 rooms and in one hallway. Maybe the next house will have what we both need.

Ill Digger
12-19-2012, 12:54 AM
That's cool Z! thumbsup01
I've been meaning to do something like that too. :yes: I have a dark, dingy, cluttered corner of the basement that I've been meaning to clear-out and do something very similar with. :thinkingabout: And like Al said, it would be nice to have access to some running water near that area, which there isn't, has kind of put it off. But I will have area set up one day, dedicated solely to my detecting stuff. :yes:

Man! :-\ I've got to! I have stuff all over the place! 8/ lol
Like you guys have said too.... the better half ..... :beatdown:....sure would like to have that part of the kitchen counter back to herself. :behave: lol