PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Hunt Produces The One I Needed

jkress
12-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Last week I cleaned the detector up for winter hibernation. However, after a very busy Friday followed by
two days of screaming, sugar fueled kids tearing through the house for our daughters 4th birthday... a few hours
of threshold harmony was desperately needed. :yes:

With the warmer temps this last weekend along with yesterdays rain, the couple inches of snow was finally cleared
from the Wisconsin park I just started hunting on my last outing. A couple of silver coins came up last time and a few
more surfaced this morning.

One of which was the coin I was hoping to find this year to complete my quarter set for the 2012 season. :happydance01:
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-81.jpg

It took almost right up to the end of the year, but I completed the quarter grand slam.
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectoristMisc2012/pictures/picture-4.jpg

The Rosie ends my silver season at 128. :beerbuddy:

Rob L
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Nice ending to the year. You'll have to go back to that park again. Who knows? We may get some more warm weather. Congrats.

aloldstuff
12-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Joe, nice going on finally getting the quarter grand slam. WOW on the silver count, very nice. The seateds that I have found are dimes and one 1/2 dime, I don't know what my reaction would be if I got a seated quarter (probably worse than Rob's)

Epi-hunter
12-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I can't imagine why you needed to get out after 2 days of 4 year olds. lol :detecting:

Congrats on a great end to the year! Love that last photo :smitten:

Tony Two-Cent
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Heartfelt congrats on the amazing accomplishment, Joe! :happy:

That had to be an incredible thrill, seeing that SLQ come out of the soil! And it even has a legible date! thumbsup01

Congrats on a great end to the year! Love that last photo :smitten:

Me too! That Seated Quarter is just stunning! I am so happy that you got your quarter grand slam, Joe, and your silver count for the year is impressive!

:congrats:

milco
12-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Cheers on a great season Joe! :beerbuddy: You sure had a good one! WTG! :congrats:

dave in iowa
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Great year Joe , good luck next year , Merry Christmas |:cheering:

buck57
12-17-2012, 10:50 PM
A BIG :congrats: on your Grand Slam.... What a way to end the season <:

JTGOLD
12-17-2012, 11:11 PM
great set of quarters to finish up on,great year and I hope next year will be even better for you.

CODY
12-18-2012, 12:45 AM

Ill Digger
12-18-2012, 12:45 AM
::huh:: That's a weird wear on that quarter. :confused: I mean, it wore down funny. :shocked01: lol
For a SLQ with that much wear, I'm surprised the date it legible. thumbsup01
But at least you got one with a date! |:cheering: As you know alot of them don't. \:hammer:
Congrats on the Slam :clapping: :grin:

:confused: Is this the first quarter grand slam you've had?
I've never even found seated quarter before. :envious:
And as the others have said... yours is a beauty!! :loveit: :drool:

dalewestaby
12-18-2012, 06:39 AM
awesome job jkress. Very impresssed! :pirate:

POKIE73
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
i found a 1853 quarter in my grandmothers yard 30 years ago have not seen one since what a great looking coin :shocked03: :shocked03: congrats on all your finds dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

jkress
12-18-2012, 11:14 PM
You'll have to go back to that park again. Who knows? We may get some more warm weather. Congrats.

Yes, this park is first up in the spring. :yes: We are right in the path of a winter storm arriving tomorrow night. :frozen:
The ground is still soft here today... but it won't be for long.

The seateds that I have found are dimes and one 1/2 dime, I don't know what my reaction would be if I got a seated quarter (probably worse than Rob's)

Thanks Al. All but two of my Seated coins are dimes and half dimes. Both of my quarters finally came this year.
You'll get your coil over one eventually. :yes: I am confident of that. :beerbuddy:

I can't imagine why you needed to get out after 2 days of 4 year olds. lol :detecting:

lol rofl You have no idea. :twirlingeyes: Half way through the second birthday party I knew beyond no doubt
what I was going to do Monday morning... :detecting:

That had to be an incredible thrill, seeing that SLQ come out of the soil!

Oh it was Tony. Especially since a SLQ was the very last thing on my mind when I first spotted it.
I was happy with the thought of getting a Washington. You can imagine my surprise when I gave
it a closer look. :shocked04:
They just don't show up very often for me. crying01 Only two in 3.25 years.

Cheers on a great season Joe! :beerbuddy: You sure had a good one! WTG! :congrats:

Thank you Darren, it was a fun and enjoyable one.

good luck next year , Merry Christmas |:cheering:

Same to you, and same to you. lol Here's hoping we both pull some firsts next year. :beerbuddy:

A BIG :congrats: on your Grand Slam.... What a way to end the season <:

Thanks buck57. I appreciate it. :)

I hope next year will be even better for you.

I sure hope so. :yes: I'd love to find a few of the oldies you have pocketed this year. :daydream:

Thank you buddy. thumbsup01

:confused: Is this the first quarter grand slam you've had?

Yes, my first. :smitten: This year was the first to produce a Seated quarter... plus a second one. Last year
I found a SLQ to complete a trifecta for the season. This year I was lucky enough to find a Seated
quarter very early on. I didn't think it would take me until the 17th of December to get the last one needed. \:[

awesome job jkress. Very impresssed! :pirate:

Thanks Dale. Looking forward to hunting with you in 2013... that is of course if we make it past the 12.21.12 lol

i found a 1853 quarter in my grandmothers yard 30 years ago

Time to go back to grandma's yard. :yes: thumbsup01 I'm guessing you haven't hunted it with the E-Trac yet? :->

Fire Fighter 43
12-20-2012, 11:56 AM
WTG Joe and congrats on completing your set, very nice.

Cheap Thrills
12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Nice going Joe , that's some great hunting . Those 4 year olds will show you how to move around quickly ,very motivational . lol