PDA

View Full Version : knock on my door,,,,,,,,,,

JTGOLD
12-19-2012, 05:46 PM
It was a young girl,she heard from someone that I metal detect,and I told her I did,she told me that her and her hubby had bought a new detector and didn't know how to use it
so I asked her where she lives and she told me,told her I would be there in about a half hour,got my hunting duds on and my detector and away I went,come to find out they had bought a detector just like mine,it was easy showing them how to use it,I went to their front yard,first hit was a 89-90 on my M6 at 8 started digging and was suprised to see silver,I called them over to see it still in the hole,got it out but didn't see the date till I got home,I quit hunting and worked with them for awhile,she found a franklin half at 6 and he found two silver quarters in the same hole,they were haveing a blast,so I came home,to check out my find
cleaned it with a q-tip and water,I think it was droped a day or two after came from the bank,it was a 1936-P walker,,thanks for looking and HH out there,,,,PS. I winterized my M6.

del
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
very sharp looking half JT :yes: my congrats to you |:cheering:

etrac1
12-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Congradulations what a great looking coin

Full Metal Digger
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Congrats JT on another amazing half dollar find. You've had a stellar year for halves (12 so far?)! So after you found this big shiny coin in their front yard and all three of you were gathered around the hole to see it, they weren't even curious about how old the coin was? In the course of your conversations with them did you get a sense that they knew about the different kinds of coins or was that Franklin half just a big shiny thing to them? Congrats again and HH (hoping for a warm winter!), Dave.

JTGOLD
12-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Congrats JT on another amazing half dollar find. You've had a stellar year for halves (12 so far?)! So after you found this big shiny coin in their front yard and all three of you were gathered around the hole to see it, they weren't even curious about how old the coin was? In the course of your conversations with them did you get a sense that they knew about the different kinds of coins or was that Franklin half just a big shiny thing to them? Congrats again and HH (hoping for a warm winter!), Dave.

he told me that he has been collecting coins for about 5 years and she said she was getting into collecting coins also.

whammy
12-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Awesome find JT. Congratulations on taking the time to show them how its done.

aloldstuff
12-20-2012, 06:56 AM
An act of kindness is rewarded, great job JT. :congrats: on a beaut of a WLH.

RobW
12-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Wish I had a knock on my door like that!

Their first time in their own yard... she gets a Franklin Half and he gets a silver quarter coin spill :shocked04:....It's only down hill from there lol I truly hope they don't think it's THAT easy rofl...truly beginners luck

Congrats to you and a beaut of a half :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Congrats, a reward for doing a good dead, WTG |:cheering:

CODY
12-22-2012, 09:48 AM
:wow: That is one nice Walker. Bout the best I've seen. :congrats:

ChrisinCT
12-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Beautiful half. Nice way to end the season.

POKIE73
12-24-2012, 05:18 AM
what a great way to end a season congrats on your half doolar dennis :happy: :happy:

buck57
12-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Good on ya JT. thumbsup01 Sweet looking coin :congrats:

swamp yankee
12-25-2012, 07:12 PM
It was a young girl,she heard from someone that I metal detect,and I told her I did,she told me that her and her hubby had bought a new detector and didn't know how to use it
so I asked her where she lives and she told me,told her I would be there in about a half hour,got my hunting duds on and my detector and away I went,come to find out they had bought a detector just like mine,it was easy showing them how to use it,I went to their front yard,first hit was a 89-90 on my M6 at 8 started digging and was suprised to see silver,I called them over to see it still in the hole,got it out but didn't see the date till I got home,I quit hunting and worked with them for awhile,she found a franklin half at 6 and he found two silver quarters in the same hole,they were haveing a blast,so I came home,to check out my find
cleaned it with a q-tip and water,I think it was droped a day or two after came from the bank,it was a 1936-P walker,,thanks for looking and HH out there,,,,PS. I winterized my M6.
JT, NICE walker! See it pays to investigate ALL hunting spots no matter how you get 'em. That one still has the luster on it! Amazing and congrats are in order......

Snapolson
12-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Great job on the Walker! Man, that girl had great finds for a first time out. I found a rusty nail in the first hunt in my yard! lol

coop
01-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Nice thumbsup01