PDA

View Full Version : utterly disastrous day

leslie(nova scotia)
12-22-2012, 04:56 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....little did I know what the day had in store for me!Lord love a duck! First off could not recall where I hid two of Marie's presents. Not too bad. Took Otto out for a run and ended up at the library to get a few movies and then a quick dig. No problem. Stopped at a playing field and got out of the car and heard a fairly loud hiss. Otto's drivers side front tire had picked up a friend.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/Digaday/002-29.jpg
So much for my dig and I headed to Star Tire where Otto's injured rubber was plugged. Out $25. No problem. Figured since I was in the area I'd make an appointment for the rattle in Otto's front end. Well me bouy once I started up from the red light I heard a bang and got one hell of a jolt. Something terrible had happened and Otto could not move. A fellow motorist stopped and showed me the problem. The under frame had broken and the wheel was laying against the rim.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/Digaday/004-31.jpg
2 points for foggy window on the photo scavenger hunt....look hard!
Tow truck came and off to Corbin's minus $65 for the tow. No problem.

At Corbin's got a first hand look at Otto's underbelly....not pretty. Repair cost $1200.................big problem. Luckily the week before we had received our court ordered back time from our employer. That repair will put a big dent in it!

Walked home with detector in hand and greeted Marie with the news. God love that girl as all she said was that I looked like I needed to go for a dig and gave me Donna Marie for the afternoon.

Had a feeling and returned to the playing field and scoffed a few coins and a chain (might be white metal but not attracted to a magnet) till Mr. Bum Knee said it was time to go.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/Digaday/006-19.jpg
Well folks that is my day in review. Thank God and Marie for making the day bearable!Would someone please tell me where I hid her gifts? <;)

dalewestaby
12-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Is tht chain silver? At least it's not snowing there yet keep hunting!

Cheap Thrills
12-22-2012, 08:45 PM
There are times that try a man's souls my man , thank God for the love of a good woman .
It's good you were able to get out and make a few digs .I hope some good fortune comes your way this holiday season . :beerbuddy:

BHNugget
12-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry about your luck today Leslie, hope it all turns around for ya :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
12-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Sorry about your bad luck today, Les. Hopefully a therapeutic session of metal detecting helped you to forget about it for a while.

And I'm sure Marie's gifts will turn up sooner or later! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
12-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Leslie, really sorry about the run of bad luck. The good luck is that you were not traveling at 60 MPH when that happend. Gifts, my sister-in-law actually found a xmas gift for one of my nieces in the basement in JULY. Hope you can find yours sooner.

whammy
12-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry for the bad run of luck. No help at all on where you put the presents. My wife just found presents that she hid 2 years ago. :dontknow:

Snapolson
12-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear about the bad luck with your car. Good finds though. Is that quarter silver?? Looks like an old one.