PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES WITH THILTZY* 3 COPPERS & BUTTONS*90 COPPERS ON THE YEAR!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Well I talked to Todd(Thiltzy) and he planned a trip up here.there was one cellar hole that I really wanted to get back to from the summer.It was overgrown then & still is with Mountain Laurel.so we hiked down to it.This time i saw where the barn foundation was since the leaves are gone now.we started our search there .Todd was the 1st to hit a coin.Then finally near the barn foundation i got a nice coin reading out pops a regular KGIII.not much else around the barn except my oxknob :hairpulling: did i ever mention I hate them things? :thinkingabout:
we wandered over to the cellar hole.it's pretty rough swinging with the mountain laurel but we were patient & kept at it.got a few buttons,one is a gorgeous designed one piece.then i got 2 more coppers right in front of the hole a 1769 KG III Hibernia & a nice 1812 classic head large cent. was a nice day for both of us,a real pleasure to finally meet Todd & detect with him and this brings my large copper count to 90 on the year! unbelievable year for me.happy holidays to all of you! :goodnight:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2012, 08:13 PM
more pics

Thiltzy
12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow Dave, you guessed right on that Hibernia! That is sweet coin and the reverse on that Classic head looks stellar(I told you it would ;)) Great Hunt and thanks a mill for taking me to one of your sites. I had a blast It was nice to get a first coin type for me on my end. looking forward to the next one.

I will post my pics and movie in a bit. Should be fun dragging del in the ocean tomorrow lol
BTW, is that a 37 stamp on the ring you found:huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow Dave, you guessed right on that Hibernia! That is sweet coin and the reverse on that Classic head looks stellar(I told you it would ;)) Great Hunt and thanks a mill for taking me to one of your sites. I had a blast It was nice to get a first coin type for me on my end. looking forward to the next one.

I will post my pics and movie in a bit. Should be fun dragging del in the ocean tomorrow lol
BTW, is that a 37 stamp on the ring you found:huh:

Actually the 1st copper was a plain KGIII,the 2nd one glowing green was the hibernia.the stamp inside the ring is 18K.was gold plated at one time.still has some plating inside band.wonder if these people paid for 18kt back when it was new not knowing it was brass? was a great day & had a blast detecting with you.your'e a good dude.glad you got a 1st to cross off your bucket list.yeah go easy on Dan,he's a land lubber you know! rofl

rsarge1
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
wow you guys are so lucky to be able to hunt such places those large cents must sound out large and clear we don't have those types of celler holes here in colorado all i can say is sweet wtg awesome lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2012, 09:34 PM
wow you guys are so lucky to be able to hunt such places those large cents must sound out large and clear we don't have those types of celler holes here in colorado all i can say is sweet wtg awesome lol

thanks! some ring out nice! some are mixed in with iron so ya gotta listen closely to the tones.

Tony Two-Cent
12-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Some fantastic finds there, Dave! Three terrific old coins and a wonderful old button! How many coppers from the 1700s have you found this year? It still blows my find, finding coins that old!

Very cool that you were able to hunt with Todd. It sounds like you both were able to find some goodies.

:congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Some fantastic finds there, Dave! Three terrific old coins and a wonderful old button! How many coppers from the 1700s have you found this year? It still blows my find, finding coins that old!

Very cool that you were able to hunt with Todd. It sounds like you both were able to find some goodies.

:congrats:

thanks Tony! im not sure how many were 1700's coins at least half of the 90 i'd say.don't quote me on that.just a guess

del
12-22-2012, 10:29 PM
only ten short of a 100 boy oh boy i can see somebody not getting much sleep and doing a detecting marathon this week lol lol especially when your this close. Dave , congrats on the hatrick of coppers today :smitten: :smitten: and in good shape too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2012, 10:41 PM
only ten short of a 100 boy oh boy i can see somebody not getting much sleep and doing a detecting marathon this week lol lol especially when your this close. Dave , congrats on the hatrick of coppers today :smitten: :smitten: and in good shape too.

thanks Dan.i gotta work and with christmas.doesnt look good.going tomorrow with jesse & keith (ugotit) so i'm praying for a 10 copper day tomorrow.oh & hey! don't forget your arm floaties tomorrow! <}

aloldstuff
12-23-2012, 06:50 AM
Dave, what a year you are having on coppers, :congrats: on getting 3 more. Getting 90 coppers in one year.... |:confused:)