PDA

View Full Version : Got one of the Bucket List hunting cellar holes with Dave(Heavymetalnut)

Thiltzy
12-22-2012, 11:06 PM
First of all I just want to thank Dave for taking me to one of his sites today and because of that, I was able to knock one more coin off the bucket list. Secondly, it's nice to know that there really are other people out there that are as crazy and fanatical as myself about metal detecting therefore, I decided to make a video of this hunt with Dave but I need to do alot of editing before I can upload the movie(I will try and post it later). Lastly, I should spend a little less time recording video and worry more about swinging my coil because Dave really made some great finds. 8/

It seemed like Dave found all the big targets and left the small ones for me lol anyway here are some pics:
Oh...I threw one of Daves finds in here because I obviously take better pictures than him :hysterical: Btw Dave, the Trime is 1858 not 1853 and that last button was covered with gold gilt

[attachimg=1]

del
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
beautiful trime :loveit: :loveit: Todd , they are usually a hard one to check off the Want To Find list my congrats to you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: glad you finally met up with the NUT ,although he's a real big sweetheart when you first meet him but out in the woods he's a very competitive copper :pirate: and all business ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-23-2012, 12:00 AM
lol Dan i guess i need to improve my sweetness during the hunt too huh?
Todd maybe i need glasses too :cool: 1858 is a different variety with the sprigs of leaves above & arrows below the III. all mine were variety I's.cool find and glad you knocked it off the list.had a great time & anytime ya wanna get back out..let me know.ya done did good! can't wait to see the video fellow fanatic! thumbsup01

Sal66
12-23-2012, 04:11 AM
:congrats: Great Finds ! I love those 3 Cent pieces, such a small thin coin. I remember the day I found my 1856. The 1812 looks in great condition as well. Such a great year for a Coin seeing how it was the year of the War. Here's a pic of my 3 Cent :

fsa46
12-23-2012, 06:00 AM
What a great hunt fellas. Some really nice finds by both of you.

Conratulations :congrats: on another First, Todd....and a trime at that. :smitten: :drool:

aloldstuff
12-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Thiltzy, great score on the trime. That is one coin that is definately a hard one to knock off anybodys list. I think that Dave has a plan, he really plays the nice guy on the walk in, setting up the laid back scenerio, relaxing his hunting partners, but once the site is found, the killer instinct comes out. Thats just my guess :dontknow:

OxShoeDrew
12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Congrats on a very nice hunt. :drool: Good looking coins :yes:

Rob L
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Congrats on the LG cents, Also the three center. I'm still looking for one. I saw your video, its great, but I can't find it now. I'm not sure what happened. Nice hunt.

Thiltzy
12-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Congrats on the LG cents, Also the three center. I'm still looking for one. I saw your video, its great, but I can't find it now. I'm not sure what happened. Nice hunt.

Here is the video I uploaded Rob L
Recovering colonial lost treasures (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ZPYL02bf4#)

CTX Tom
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Looks like you had a great hunt.that trime is a awesome find grats!

Tony Two-Cent
12-26-2012, 10:34 PM
That is a beautiful trime, Todd, one of the nicest ones I've seen dug. It's a coin that is on most people's bucket list! (Including mine!) Huge congrats on the awesome coin!

Dave's 1812 Large Cent is very nice also!

It looks like you've discovered a great site there! thumbsup01

tanacat
12-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for sharing your adventure- loved the vid!!! |:cheering:

:perfect10: Congrats on the trime and :wow: the 1812 LC is nice!
You found some GREAT stuff |:confused:)

(my oldest coin is 1820 LC here in these neck of the woods, down yonder in the hollers of KY) lol

Fire Fighter 43
12-29-2012, 04:58 PM
:wow: A big congrats on the thrime, WTG |:cheering: