PDA

View Full Version : Another Sunday , another two center and more

ChrisinCT
12-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Went back to the spot I went last Sunday that I did we'll so I was all geared up for hopefully a good find or two and it didn't disappoint.

Same as last Sunday I get of of the car put my gear on , fire up the detector ,find a clean spot give it a good ground balance. I walk no more than 15 feet when I get my first repeatable at 4. I could not believe it was another two cent piece no more than ten feet from where I found one last week on my first signal. This one is a 1864.
The one from last week was 1865 and the one I found this summer at a park was a 1865 also, so that's three two centers this year .

Im thrilled already that my juices are flowing and I want more ,more ,more.

It must have been a good half hour before I found anther signal that deemed worthy of a dig.

I should note I hunt very slow going over every signal signal multiple times and from multiple directions. It take me quite a bit of time to cover ground.

About 30 feet from where I found the two center I dug an awesome Coast Guard button in really good shape with the loop intact. The button has an eagle flying above the federal shield with the word Excelsior above the top and below the shied it has N.Y.S.A and below that it says Coast Guard. The back side says Scovills Waterbury.

if anyone can offer any info on a date for this button please let me know.
I haven't done any research as of yet but Waterbury is a town no more than 10 miles from me.

Spent the next hour or so walking around digging some trash and searching with a few wheats and a small bit of clad for the effort.

I decided to call it a day and as I was walking back to the car I get a penny signal so I dig it up and out pop two wheats. Recheck the hole and shows another penny. Dig that one recheck with the pin-pointer showing yet another target, do a little searching and find another wheat. This continued over and over. Found ten wheats in a one foot area and for good measure another one three feet away.

The dates of the wheats are as follows. 1924 , 1941D , 2@1944 , 3@1942, 2@1945 ,1947, 4@1948 for a total of 14 wheats.

The best part is their is defiantly more there, but I'm thinking that maybe I should save it when I get in a slump like I had earlier this year so it can renew my faith in detecting. There was a moment this fall I was ready to sell my stuff. Glad I stuck with it.

Once again sorry the pictures stink, but the good news is I dropped my lap top off for repair so I should get it back soon and can start scanning my finds.

ChrisinCT
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
I just found this picture online which appears to be identical to mine although this one was made by a different manufacturer

Cheap Thrills
12-23-2012, 03:04 PM
That's quite a hunt . Way to go on all those two centers and the button is really cool . :perfect10:

dalewestaby
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
what a great 2 cent coin! what state are yyou hunting in?

ChrisinCT
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
what a great 2 cent coin! what state are yyou hunting in?

Connecticut

POKIE73
12-24-2012, 05:15 AM
congrtas on the two center have never got one has to be a great find plus the button you had a great day dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

buck57
12-24-2012, 08:52 AM
That will get the ole detecting blood flowing again ;) Congrat's to ya Chrisin and hang in there. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
12-26-2012, 07:00 AM
:wow: great hunting with some great keepers. Very nice button and love to see the 2 centers come out of the ground.

CODY
12-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Sweet. :congrats: