PDA

View Full Version : HUNT WITH THILTZY *91st COPPER & ANOTHER GW BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Got out on another hunt with Todd(Thiltzy) to a couple sites he found.
1st site was pretty hammered,then we wandered up the hill to find another site.we saw all the walls and 2 square piles of stones.possible chimney piles.thinking this must have been a cabin site because no cellar hole was dug.buttons started poppin almost immediately.tombacs,a pewter button,and mostly early one piece buttons.i nabbed a connecticut copper as well.when i dug one of the large dandy's i showed Todd & I said it looked like it was in a fire.
cleaning up the buttons I save the 4 large dandy's for last.the burnt one i was scrubbing with the brass brush and saw the arrows clutched in the eagles talon :shocked03:
what a shame out of all the buttons i dug today this is the one that ended up in a fire :crying02:
and the blob of silver slag or whatever metal it is almost went in the garbage dirty,why i decided to scrub it i'll never know but it has a partial imprint of a large cent on it :confused:
was a real fun hunt with Todd & look forward to going back to this site with him

del
12-25-2012, 01:39 AM
you found all the beautiful GW buttons at first now your gonna find the uglies ;) but even an ugly GW is better than none in my book Dave :happy: . congrats

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-25-2012, 01:41 AM
thanks Dan.hoping one of Todd's dandies is a good one! was a pleasant christmas suprise.i may scrub the heck outta it with the brass brush.what do i got to lose? any thoughts? :-\

del
12-25-2012, 01:44 AM
yeah try the hot peroxide bath thing a few times then maybe a light brass brush.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-25-2012, 02:54 AM
yeah try the hot peroxide bath thing a few times then maybe a light brass brush.

ok thanks.will do.merry christmas dude!

Thiltzy
12-25-2012, 08:29 AM
:omg: a GW!!!! :omg: Dave I haven't even gone through my finds yet I better check them carefully of the 10 buttons I dug 6 of them are large. That sure is a nice xmas surprise indeed.

Better go check my buttons :crossfingers:

CTX Tom
12-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Grats on your finds guys.looks like you had a couple really good hunts!Merry Christmas.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-25-2012, 09:15 AM
:omg: a GW!!!! :omg: Dave I haven't even gone through my finds yet I better check them carefully of the 10 buttons I dug 6 of them are large. That sure is a nice xmas surprise indeed.

Better go check my buttons :crossfingers:

i'm rootin for ya :cheering:

fsa46
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey Todd, looks like both of you were keeping busy with all those targets. Definitely a fun hunt for sure. thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
12-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and another GW button, Dave! Unreal! Most detectorists would do the happy dance for a week if they found one, but now you have found FOUR of them! Amazing!

:omg:

chief5709
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
WTG Dave! another GW |:cheering:

midas
12-28-2012, 10:27 AM
With all those buttons and buckles you find, there musta been a lot of Colonials running around half-naked. lol lol lol

milco
12-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Congrats on the finds and another GW button! WOW!

Ill Digger
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and another GW button, Dave! Unreal! Most detectorists would do the happy dance for a week if they for one, but now you have found FOUR of them! Amazing!
::huh:: Ahhh? :shocked01: Yeah! :yes: <:
Man Dave! 8/ I remember asking you a while back if there was anything you hadn't found. And at the time you said a GW button was still on your wish list. :daydream:
And since you've bagged 4 of'em !! :wow:
Big congrats man!! :congrats: :grin:

Save one for me will ya? :poke: lol

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. And here's to a Happy New Year. :beerbuddy:

So...... :thinkingabout: [size=6pt](Do I dare ask? :rolleyes:) Is there anything you haven't found now? :dontknow: lol

Fire Fighter 43
12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Congrats on some nice finds that is one hell of a copper count, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Dave, you're a GW magnet. To find just one makes a detecting career but to find four... :omg:.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-04-2013, 11:21 PM
you guys are funny! some great comments! thanks! thumbsup01