PDA

View Full Version : Merc, Buff, War Nickels, Clad, & Junk

z118
04-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Lots of digging this weekend... I headed out early on Saturday intending to hit some tot lots, but the first was a total bust, and since tot lots have not been very productive form me lately I didn't bother with the rest. So I stayed where I was at and hit the dirt with the Sov. After a while I got that sweet silver tone and was rewarded with a 44 Merc. Made my day!

Later that evening I got out again, and headed to my so-called field of broken tones to try and fight out some more silver. I dig pretty much anything that sounds like anything at this field, and on this occasion I was rewarded with some odd and ugly junk rings, a bit of clad, a wheat, and a dateless buffalo nickel (only my second ever).

Today (Sunday) I got out for a nice afternoon hunt at one of my favorite schools that I have hunted silly in 22 previous trips, pulling some 1,300 coins before today. Targets are getting pretty few and far between, but it's a good now for digging everything. I pulled a good amount of junk, and bit of clad, and many nickels before being rewarded with a nice 44 war nickel. A short while later I pulled another war nickel - this time a 43.

Total for the weekend was 197 coins worth $15.80 including the Merc, Buff, two war nickels, and 4 wheats. Also the usual and some unusual junk and trinkets.

The first flowers of spring are starting to show up, and the grass is really starting to grow. It was nice to be outside. I'll be making a short trip to New England next weekend where I hope I can score some silver!

Happy hunting!

angellionel
04-11-2010, 08:06 PM
You definitely had a great weekend. There are a good variety of finds in those hunts. Nice going! thumbsup01

coinnut
04-11-2010, 08:08 PM
3 silvers and a Buff. Good hunt! I actually really like them junk rings lol Even though they aren't silver, they are cool looking. thumbsup01 Lots of digging and almost 16 bucks for the kettle. :yes:

Epi-hunter
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Great finds z.... I love your posts :)

Geekwinkle
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I like that 'seven' dice ring, but probably woulnd't be good karma to wear at a craps game, lol. Nice finds!

coinnut
04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I like that 'seven' dice ring, but probably woulnd't be good karma to wear at a craps game, lol. Nice finds!

Yea, it wasn't too good luck for the person who lost it lol

hoser
04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Hows your knees doing Z. rofl Thats a lot of digging. But it payed off thats for sure. Those are some awesome finds. Big congrats my friend. thumbsup01

xzlr8n
04-11-2010, 09:13 PM
You had quite the weekend. Lots of targets and a Silver and a buffalo to cap it off. Congrats!!

Cheap Thrills
04-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh man , that's a lot of digging , I'm hurting just looking at the photos .Nice going on the silver , the Buffalo and the $15.80 .thumbsup01

Baba