PDA

View Full Version : Hooray! I found a very good Greek coin.

serega
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi friends.
This morning I cleared my scooter from snow and ice and went to the beach to hunt for the Greek coins.
Now we have a warm day 0 - night to -5 -10 Celsius. <}
But even so you can hunt, ice on the water and on the shore, he carries little of the heat during the day and it is possible to break the ice and get the coins)))
I went to the beach and began to hunt ... I went to a few hours and saw a low battery level, temperature batteries on my T2 rapidly losing power,,,, I thought that did not take the extra set and began to hurry, I walked over to a large rock, and began to look for signals below it .. . There used to be 2,400 years ago the Greeks rested beneath it, 2,000 years ago, there is rarely came the Roman soldiers as they tried to control this territory (Roman garrison :pirate: ). 700 years ago there were rested and Tartar Mongols, 400 years ago they were bathed and Turks 150 years ago, the Ukrainian peasants and fishermen, and 50 years ago, probably my grandfather)))))
All the coins I found these periods it was under this rock ... There's a comfortable place to rest, hidden from the wind and a nice beach with rocks and soft clay,,,
Now here few rests, only fishermen and sometimes youth priezhaet picnic,,,
Today I hunted there for 6 hours, but found only Ukrainian and Soviet coins, and one Russian in 1915, and one Greek bronze, but it was water destruction (((
I did not leave hope and I continued ...
I dug a hole under a rock and continued to roll down coin of debris, nails, shells and bullets,,, It is very hard to find,,, In 1941, on this rock was a machine gun and shot a lot of strengthening to the west, under a rock solid background of brass and lead, and Coins found the Problem,,, >:{
But hooray! I was lucky and I pulled out this wonderful piece,,, :happy:!
This is my first such large coin with two heads,,,,
I put it in my pocket and decided to end the hunt ..
My results.
1) 10 Soviet Ukrainian and Russian coins (trash)
2) About a hundred shells from a machine gun (rent scrapping)
3) remains one brondovoy Greek coins (presumably the city of Tyre - but unsure coin unrecognizable)
4) Coin stater (2 head)
In the photo.
Coin will Istria Stater
Silver.
Weight 4.5 grams. 4th century BC.
This features the mythical head 2 Dioscuri.
Eagle on the second side are in the clutches of the fish and the inscription above Istria.
But the coin is dirty and needs cleaning.
The photo scooter to hunt in the morning.
In the picture I am now online, drink tea and make you a report. ))
Everyone a happy new year 2013
Sergei your friend :yes:

serega
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Всех с новым годом ))) 2013 м . :grouphug: Пью чай и пишу отчёт .

Tony Two-Cent
12-28-2012, 12:07 PM
It's nice to see a post from you, Serega! We have missed you! :yes:

You are a hardcore treasure hunter to be able to brave those cold temperatures! :frozen:

But it paid off nicely with an ancient silver coin! :happy:

It's hard to even imagine what life was like for the person who dropped that coin over 2300 years ago!

Enjoy your tea and have a Happy New Year! :beerbuddy:

serega
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Tony - friend, :yes: hi
I am also glad to see you.
You're right about the conditions, but I was more worried about not temperature,
Problemma iogda go to Wake))
The road is slippery and when I go home to climb to the top of the beach, and the scooter does not want to go))) wheel spin but goes on, often very slippery ice or mud. But in the summer of the key problems is not present.
Greeks lived here very well, they looked like a village,
This is usually a few wealthy estates - large houses and yards near many small houses in which they lived slaves.
Wealthy Greeks could have had 30-60 slaves, next to his house villa. :detecting: :detecting: :detecting: :detecting: :detecting: :detecting:
Usually slaves were Greek slaves or local skiffs (local steppe nomads)
Rab was a small house, which was built for him, a slave could have a family at the time ...
Rab cost much 2.3 drachmas or 2-4 that such coins in the photo, but that's expensive wine jug from Greece worth 5.6 drachmas,,,, then the Greeks had had the ships and trade with Greece itself .... Who here can not see them at home, but in the land of their foundations can be found in stone,,,, information about their life, I tell people - who are studying the history of our place,,, At the beginning of our era - the Greeks quickly ran from here, approached Gouna. :pirate: After that, there 1,000 years no one had lived ... But the remnants of the Greek houses were to the early 19th century ... Back in the days of my great-grandfather, the remains of Greek houses (stones), people take and build them into new homes, and just fences.

Cheap Thrills
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
It's nice to see a post from you, Serega! We have missed you! :yes:

You are a hardcore treasure hunter to be able to brave those cold temperatures! :frozen:

But it paid off nicely with an ancient silver coin! :happy:

It's hard to even imagine what life was like for the person who dropped that coin over 2300 years ago!

Enjoy your tea and have a Happy New Year! :beerbuddy:

Hi Serega ,

Tony pretty much said it all .Thanks for a great thread with a bit of history thrown in . Is that a new scooter ?
it's pretty nice . :beerbuddy:

serega
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Serega ,

Tony pretty much said it all .Thanks for a great thread with a bit of history thrown in . Is that a new scooter ?
it's pretty nice . :beerbuddy:

Thank you for one wish))
Scooter is not new, I had 0,5 year ago, but he did well and every day he takes me on a hunt - no key problems with it))) Japanese (engineers) are very talented people)))
I wish you and the family in 2013 vaiey health and all the best. :beerbuddy:

buck57
12-28-2012, 01:11 PM
:wow: Great hunt there serega :congrats: Where abouts you detect at?

serega
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
:wow: Great hunt there serega :congrats: Where abouts you detect at?

Coin lying deep in the mud, I think there are many coins are stored Greek, but garbage and sleeves, a hindrance.
And then roll stoppers from the vodka >:# and I need to dig up a lot of signals - one that would find a good Greek coin))

:beerbuddy:

serega
12-30-2012, 12:32 PM
A little dirt removed, now more evident these two faces of the Dioscuri,

Tony Two-Cent
12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
A little dirt removed, now more evident these two faces of the Dioscuri,

And more evident that it is silver. :yes:

Incredible find, Serega! |:confused:)

Ill Digger
12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
:clapping: Hey serega!! :waving:
Good seeing a post from ya!
:drool: Once again your coin finds are things dreams are made of for us in the U.S. :daydream: ::usaflag::
Thanks for sharing! |:confused:)
Congrats! :grin: