PDA

View Full Version : A LITTLE CELLAR HOLE SILVER

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Ron gave me a ring about 1pm asked if i wanted to hit a few cellar holes he found. i think these sites have been pounded as there weren't alot of targets.so we hit the huge mowed field up behind the cellar hole.you can see the green pasture in the cellar hole pic.actually there are 3 fields all together. up behind this hole.i got a 1923 merc in the trail at one inch.a heart shaped boot plate,a huge musketball,a neat little marked sterling cowboy hat and 2 nice solid QTR signals!nothing gets your heart pumpin with those signals at 5 inches in a colonial site. turned out to be the dreaded ox knobs :bangahead01: hate them things! one clad qtr too :ticked:
oh well not hot on the coppers may as well be hot on the silver. :tongue:
have a great week all! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
more pics

z118
04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice digs... that hat is especially cool!

sniffy
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
That is one shiny dime.. crying01

angellionel
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Good stuff, Dave. The coppers will come next time. thumbsup01

coinnut
04-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey, at least you got out and did find some silver. Nice Merc and that hat is cool. Can't figure out why they made it out of silver though? Was it an expert Monopoly player that had a custom hat piece made, or was it one small cowboy lol Dave your gonna be killing the ox knob race thumbsup01 Ever wonder how those people before us at a site, knew the difference between an ox knob and a copper? :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey, at least you got out and did find some silver. Nice Merc and that hat is cool. Can't figure out why they made it out of silver though? Was it an expert Monopoly player that had a custom hat piece made, or was it one small cowboy lol Dave your gonna be killing the ox knob race thumbsup01 Ever wonder how those people before us at a site, knew the difference between an ox knob and a copper? :confused:

the hat has a broken piece inside hat almost like it was on a charm bracelet or something .i don't think they hit the fields too good G they are good sized fields and worth a trip back i think thumbsup01

del
04-12-2010, 02:35 AM
the oxknob man cometh you are definately giving that title your full attention huh:huh: pretty neat silver hat and a
shiney merc is always nice to pull up. what did Rcat find :huh: dude what is up with your signature pretty soon you'll
need two posts one for pictures and the other for your signature lol lol :poke: hey glad you made it out .

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-12-2010, 07:03 AM
the oxknob man cometh you are definately giving that title your full attention huh:huh: pretty neat silver hat and a
shiney merc is always nice to pull up. what did Rcat find :huh: dude what is up with your signature pretty soon you'll
need two posts one for pictures and the other for your signature lol lol :poke: hey glad you made it out .

lol yeah i am shootin for the oxknob crown.angel already has won the silver crown hands down.maybe i can take the IH headress crown too. :huh:
my signature :confused: umm well with my lack of coppers i felt the need to bolster my status i guess :crazy: kind of a psychological confidence boost i guess :-\
ron got a musketball and a oxknob.

SeabeeRon
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Nice silver and goodies Dave!! :)