PDA

View Full Version : 2 FOOLS FROLIC IN THE SNOW*1787 VT COPPER & COMPLETE SHOE BUCKLE

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Todd & me wanted one last hoorah before the end of the year.we started before sunrise because of the snowstorm heading our way.went back up to the GW button site nabbed some more buttons,a complete colonial shoe buckle most likely a young boys as it's pretty small and my 92nd copper of 2012 almost 100% sure it's a 1787 Vermont copper.3pm the snow was really starting to come down now & we said ok we are outta here at 4pm
a 1 hour drive took us 3 hours to get home the highways were horrible but we made it! Won't be getting out until snow is gone so 2012 is a wrap! been a great year for sure!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2012, 12:06 AM
more pics

del
12-30-2012, 03:41 AM
what persistance :peace: |:cheering: :peace: and what a great end to the year :perfect10: you my friend earn the coveted dance of the mesmerising bananas :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

how about that huh Dave , you don't ever see five fruit gettin down like that for just anyone my friend :yes:
now let me see the Vermont is a fitting coin to end an incredible year Dave :smitten: :smitten: i really applaud your efforts this season :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

great shoe buckle a nice decorated one to :smitten: and the coin is a Ryder-12 as Patch stated on the other forum. this reverse shares with the Ryder-14 but as i stated i see no periods after Vermon or Auctori and it lists as a scarce variety (URS-10) with 250 to 499 coin known. congrats my friend :perfect10:

heres an obverse and reverse of yours.
Dan

midas
12-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Hey, so that musta been you guys on the news blocking the highway and trying to push your SUV on I-84 in Waterbury. lol lol

What a difference 70 miles makes. We've had snow cover and frozen ground since Christmas.

OxShoeDrew
12-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Spectacular hunt and year Dave. Can you tell the difference between a boy's buckle and a lady's? Style differences? Happy new year.....I hope next year is even better for you. :waving:

aloldstuff
12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Dave, very nice end to 2012. :congrats: on getting #92 in the coppers. Great pictures and I have to give you and Todd a couple of :perfect10:'s for your persistance. Really looking forward to your 2013 relic and coin finds. Oh yeah, great pictures as usual.

CTX Tom
12-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Looks like it was a great season ending hunt.Congrats!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey, so that musta been you guys on the news blocking the highway and trying to push your SUV on I-84 in Waterbury. lol lol

What a difference 70 miles makes. We've had snow cover and frozen ground since Christmas.

it was bad !everyone was getting stuck near southington on 84. finally 5 state plows came outta no where like angels from heaven and we were back up and running

buck57
12-30-2012, 10:52 AM
:congrats: What a way to finish up this years hunt. Nice bunch of finds Dave. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
what persistance :peace: |:cheering: :peace: and what a great end to the year :perfect10: you my friend earn the coveted dance of the mesmerising bananas :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

how about that huh Dave , you don't ever see five fruit gettin down like that for just anyone my friend :yes:
now let me see the Vermont is a fitting coin to end an incredible year Dave :smitten: :smitten: i really applaud your efforts this season :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

great shoe buckle a nice decorated one to :smitten: and the coin is a Ryder-12 as Patch stated on the other forum. this reverse shares with the Ryder-14 but as i stated i see no periods after Vermon or Auctori and it lists as a scarce variety (URS-10) with 250 to 499 coin known. congrats my friend :perfect10:

heres an obverse and reverse of yours.
Dan

thanks Dan! I owe a lot of this to you for accepting my invite to come down that day to my sites. I don't think I would have ever got into cellar hole hunting if you never came down.I was hooked from that day. dancing banana's huh? Is that more prestigeous than a crown? if so,i'm so honored! Happy new year to you! gotta get together again.miss hunting with you & the G-man too

ChrisinCT
12-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Sweet digs. Way to close out the year.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Spectacular hunt and year Dave. Can you tell the difference between a boy's buckle and a lady's? Style differences? Happy new year.....I hope next year is even better for you. :waving:

thanks Drew! I didn't know women wore shoe buckles? then again I never even thought about it.maybe Dan can answer this very good question? :confused:

midas
12-30-2012, 03:00 PM
it was bad !everyone was getting stuck near southington on 84. finally 5 state plows came outta no where like angels from heaven and we were back up and running

Thats a pretty steep hill. Doesnt look as steep as it is. Glad you guys made it alright.

Sal66
01-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Great finds ! What would we do without Dan the CT. Copper expert . Also, I have that same swirly button, same size and all. I might even have more in diff. sizes. |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
01-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Congrats on some nice finds. It looks like some of my WI hunting conditions. Stay Warm |:cheering: