PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt today with a silver.

hoser
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Was very busy this weekend so my hunting was limited. Too_Pointer and I did get out today for a couple of hours and headed for the woods. The pickins were slim though. We got some clad and I found this solid brass buckle. Thing does have some weight to it. We decided to get out of the woods and head closer to home as our time was rapidly running out. We stopped at a house in town for around 45 min. hunt. My first signal turned out to be a wheatie in very good condition. Moving down the walkway I got a mixed signal bouncing between trash and what I believe to be a valid silver signal. I tried to pinpoint it but the trash was taking over. So I just had to use the signal to pinpoint with and it seemed to work for me. It took a while to get to the silver as there was a lot of roots I had to go through and around. But it payed off. Out popped this 57 D quarter in pretty nice shape. Even though there wasn't a lot of finds made today I sure had fun. thumbsup01

z118
04-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice digs, I'd take a silver quarter any day!

Beefcake
04-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Awesome Hoser! That had to feel really good getting a silver quarter. Seems like the ET is treating you well!

angellionel
04-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Very nice! I know what you mean about trying to dig a target from under tree roots. What a pain that can be. It paid off for you though. thumbsup01

coinnut
04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
It does love silver lol I've had my own root issues lately :ticked: lol Nice quarter and it seems you did a lot better at the second location. Sometimes you just got to move somewhere else in order to make it a good day. How did Too_Pointer do?

Cheap Thrills
04-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Hoser that's awesome that digging those tree roots produced a great silver find for you thumbsup01 . I've dug many a root infested target and the best thing I ever got was a memorial penny . As much as I hate too I still dig them and swear like a Trooper when I get some piece of junk . :bangahead01:

Baba

Epi-hunter
04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Great silver quarter Bill!!! I wanted one of those so badly this weekend but it wasn't in the cards for me :) You are doing so well with the E-Trac!

hoser
04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
He got some clad and a ring. It looks to be silver but I am unsure. There is no 925 stamp, but there is a mark that is a diamond with what looks like two J's inside. Any ideas? :huh: Yeah I really hate it when you get a good signal only to find you have to go through 3/4-to 1 roots to get to the target. :bangahead01: Yes Baba there are times when I mutter a few colorful metaphors myself when the going gets rough. :lipssealed: rofl Thanks all for the kind words.

SeabeeRon
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Congratz on the silver Bill!! :yes:

del
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
congrats on the silver Bill and the buckle is a nice relic too, glad the machine is working out nicely for ya .

Dan