PDA

View Full Version : 2 hours of hunting and I earned 1000 $. Scooter continues to hunt for Antique

serega
12-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi friends.
You are now ready for the new year, we have in Ukraine 4 hours a day ...
Hotil morning I go to the field on a scooter and start hunting for tips from the arrows,,, But that-that prompted me to go to one of the beaches ...
I decided to call off the hunt in the wilderness, and went to the beach.
On the way, I went to the store and bought a can of Coke .. I like to -5 degrees in the cold cola drink with a cigarette)))
I went to the beach for the method, which I dig for 3 days.
There, under a rock, I'm digging a big hole. In this well a lot of coins, but they are not easy to find, very stop me casings from guns,,, who promptly fired in 1941.
I barely beat a shovel on the clay, but it's frozen, and I wished I had brought a pick or something like chisels ...

I managed to unearth four Greek coins.
3 coins simple - bronze and heavily damaged by time and water ...
But one piece is very good ..
When I pulled it out I saw there, and we face a woman, I was very happy ...
I did not go on the hunt, this coin I was very pleased.
I have previously found such, but this is my luck. Find a coin we have a very simple and does not need to know the exact place - where the wealthy Greeks lived and where they went to the beach ...
Sorry, but zhta coin has a small type (weight 4gramma)
If it had the weight of 6 grams, it is very rare ...
But I had enough and this little coin ..
I came home and called the man who I have to buy expensive coins,,,, I showed him the picture and he had already bought it ..... The money is already on my card)) 8000 Ukrainian hryvnias, is your 1000 dollars ...
Very funny))) Coin found a few hours ago, but already sold collectioner ....
But you can look at it before it disappears in an album ..
Coin with a woman ...
Tyra drachma (Small) The woman on the coin is the goddess Dimetra.The second side of the bull, the symbol of fertility, abundance, wealth- land
Weight up to 4 grams.
The ancient city of Tyre
Age of 2300-2400 years.
Metal - silver.
The coin is one of the 20 types most rare antique coins of the northern Black Sea coast.

dalewestaby
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
and those were worth 1000 bucks?

serega
12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, 1000 $ but it all depends on the type and condition.
But unfortunately very few of them and I do not find them very often ....
Our collectors antiques, coins like Tyra,,,, very few of them, small print runs ....
If a coin has 6 grams, and in good condition - it will cost a lot more than 1000$

Thiltzy
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Soooo cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

serega
12-31-2012, 01:47 PM

https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=lot&sid=395&lot=73

https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=lot&sid=272&lot=1087

I can `t sell more because purely bad. But my client can request that I supplied the coin patina.

Cheap Thrills
12-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Nice hunting and great pictures Serega . Cogratulations on a great payday . $1000.00 SWEET !!! :detecting: :clapping:

Happy New Years !! :groovy: :beerbuddy:

serega
12-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Nice hunting and great pictures Serega . Cogratulations on a great payday . $1000.00 SWEET !!! :detecting: :clapping:

Happy New Years !! :groovy: :beerbuddy:

Happy New Years my american friend )))) ::usaflag::

ChrisinCT
12-31-2012, 04:18 PM
It's got to be an awesome feeling to find a coin that old regardless of its value.

The only thing ill ever find that old is rocks.

Congrats on such a great and rare find.

tanacat
01-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow congrats on that amazing coin and to your pocket book thumbsup01 It looks nice on the banner :yes:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I always feel lucky to be included in your adventures---- so far away and across the ocean.

Always great pics and telling of your stories :beerbuddy:

coop
01-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Nice thumbsup01

serega
01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Wow congrats on that amazing coin and to your pocket book thumbsup01 It looks nice on the banner :yes:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I always feel lucky to be included in your adventures---- so far away and across the ocean.

Always great pics and telling of your stories :beerbuddy:

Hi Tan
I'm glad to see you,,,, How do you hunt? Has found what some beautiful old American pennies? Liberty silver is? )))
Here today I was on the hunt, but not for long ... I forgot to take a cigarette and I was bored out there myself,,, but I could only find one Greek coin,,, Bronze Tyre Obol (4-5 century BC) ... He is in the photo ... But sorry, it damaged the water and figure seen only by 5-10%
Also on the photo you can see one of the pits in which I found the coin ..
And just another shore ... In the photo bank and ice. Here now to hunt not just begeg of mud and stones, and it is very hard, every coin is very hard to get. But it is worth it .. And I continue to hunt Scooter)))

tanacat
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Photos of your land and sea! |:cheering: You understood my hint in the last message ;) lol

The clay does look frozen and difficult to dig- we need a smiley with jackhammer don't we? rofl

This year was low on the silver count for me (22 coins/jewelry), but was happy to pull up an 1877 cc seated quarter at a trashy, historic, well-hunted city park :happydance01: I found several Indian Pennies and Buffalo Nickels and 2 gold rings.

Hi Tana
I'm glad to see you,,,, How do you hunt? Has found what some beautiful old American pennies? Liberty silver is? )))

I hunt w/ White's V3i usually in Relic or Deep Silver Mode. Favorite places to hunt is woods and homesteads I find from driving country roads or do research to find where old houses used to be. Away from people, but enjoy with my hunting friends (Missy, Bill, Kevin, Alan etc...) I will share some pics of our typical farm land and neat old houses in Kentucky- I just took some good ones, have to download to Photobucket first.

tanacat
01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi Serega, here's a recent pic of my backyard- 22 degrees this morning :frozen: When you go into the woods the creek gets wider and I bushwacked a nature trail- very nice to enjoy nature/own house on outskirts of big city (Lexington, Ky) population 300,000. Also, a few of my fave places to hunt here in Kentucky :) farmland, newer park, older park w/castle (it is now an art gallery), vacant homestead and chimney remnants... I hope you enjoy the variety of landscapes in Kentucky, U.S.A.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/104_7575-Copy_zps8fc3ea4e.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/104_6976.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/104_4923_zps30844800.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/104_2585.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/103_0711_zpscde2dd04.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/101_9883.jpg

serega
01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Serega, here's a recent pic of my backyard- 22 degrees this morning :frozen: When you go into the woods the creek gets wider and I bushwacked a nature trail- very nice to enjoy nature/own house on outskirts of big city (Lexington, Ky) population 300,000. Also, a few of my fave places to hunt here in Kentucky :) farmland, newer park, older park w/castle (it is now an art gallery), vacant homestead and chimney remnants... I hope you enjoy the variety of landscapes in Kentucky, U.S.A.

Thank you dear Thane photo. It is very interesting and enjoyable to see them ...
Your Kentucky is very similar to my country Ukraine)))) Do you have the same earth and nature. Very good photo - thanks ... Very interesting to see how you look cents and ring in America ....
What I like about American architecture, so it neatly white houses. Here in Ukraine they are different ... a gray and gloomy ... The house in which I now live was built in 1911)))) is constructed still my great-grandfather.

Большое спасибо тебе за фото , мне приятно что ты их разместила . :grouphug: