PDA

View Full Version : Three Best Finds.

CODY
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Nothing much to report here. Just bored I guess. We've had freezing temps at night and a lot of rain during the day. Between that and the holidays havent had much of a chance to hunt. Just thought I would post what I considered my best three silver coin finds for 2012. These three Ladies will make it a year to remember. [attachimg=1]

serega
12-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Good coins, I like :clapping:
They have a better view and storage - the coins that I have. My coins were thousands of years in the ground and urinated on them sheep and cows :shocked04:verreaction:

Cheap Thrills
12-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Two silver dollars in one year that is a feat !! All in great shape too . :perfect10: I'm about to head out for my last hunt of the year . It sure would be nice to squeeze out one more silver from that tired old lot . :yes:

POKIE73
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
nice finds cody i have never found a silver dollar but i did win one off this forum and look you found two you had a great year dennis :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

JTGOLD
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
very nice finds indeed,hope next year will be even better for you.

aloldstuff
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Very nice, 2 huge silvers and a big silver. Most people go their whole detecting careers without finding a silver dollar and you go and find 2. Thanks for posting this but how about a picture of the famous jar.

CODY
01-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Al, I took all the coins out of the jar and put one date of each in an album. The rest I put back in the jar. As I find the coins, if I already have the date and mint mark, they go in the jar. When it gets full, I'm going to bury it. I'm gonna put it in a place it may take hundreds of years to find. But one day someone will find it. Along with the note I will leave inside. >8)

aloldstuff
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Cool idea Cody. The way technology is going these days I'm figuring that a 3' hole would be necessary to bury that jar.

del
01-04-2013, 03:43 AM
those are a great three Cody :peace: :clapping: :clapping: congrats my friend

Metal Illness
01-06-2013, 10:37 AM
WoW, that's a trio of Sweet Ladies, I'm sure on every dirt fishers wish list. I snagged my first Walker this year, as for the other two, I hope in a lifetime. Outstanding finding those Dollars in the same season! :congrats:

OxShoeDrew
01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Good coins, I like :clapping:
They have a better view and storage - the coins that I have. My coins were thousands of years in the ground and urinated on them sheep and cows :shocked04:verreaction:

lol
I'd treat silver dollars well too...if I ever found one!! Nice job :clapping:

jkress
01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
You had an outstanding year Cody. :clapping:

Those three would keep me in happy memories throughout the frozen ground. :daydream:
I doubt many detectorists have added a Morgan and Peace dollar to their collection in one season.

Here's hoping you can get your coil over a Seated dollar in 2013. :beerbuddy: