PDA

View Full Version : Diggers back

RaZR
12-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks like the diggers will be back for another season! The advertisements on National geographic channel say tomorrow Tuesday at 10:00 eastern time. I hope they find some jelly or maple syrup or whatever that stuff they say is. rofl

Ill Digger
01-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Great 8/ More misrepresentation 8/ \:[

del
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
National Georgraphic , the shows executives all got together with a few Archaeologists commities and organizations last summer all came to the table and hashed out a lot of the issues with this show . there was a lot of concerns on both sides and hopefully the show will be a bit more responsible where it counts the most and have a little more education , history and proper etiquette and techniques. will see :eyebrow:

RobW
01-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I watched both episodes last night......other than their antics and slang....it was not all bad....at least the values they gave were reasonable. Such as a Merc for $3, a 1766 Half Penny for something like $20...so nobody thought we are out there getting rich. And they give a nice history lesson with it too. But you do have to admit...just watching what we do can be a bit boring :sleepy:

del
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
But you do have to admit...just watching what we do can be a bit boring :sleepy:

Rob , i think Al would never get tired or bored watching you . lol lol

aloldstuff
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM

Right on Del

RaZR
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Well, i was here on time to see it but it seems that my cable company (WOW) was having problems. Almost all the channels on my T.V. were pixilating all over the place so i got to see none of it. But the sounds that i did hear were like little girls shrieking. And it looked like they were dancing around (between the pixils). I hope they fix the cable before they play the repeat. :dontknow:

Ill Digger
01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
I had my DVR set to record all new episodes from last season. I missed it yesterday. The Orange Bowl was on. But the DVR recorded it and I didn't even know it till tonight. :dontknow:
So..... I guess I'll go watch'em now :-\

dalewestaby
01-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Ive seent he two new episodes. pretty awesome stufff

nicklehead
01-03-2013, 07:47 AM
I caught it--decent stuff.
I had never seen it before and thought it might be that show where the portly boys get permission , start out with their detectors , graduate to a back hoe and then end the show selling some old whiskey still to a museum for a million dollars. Glad I was wrong as I saw nothing the hobby should have to live down. It was nice to see both sides of the country represented on the same show as well.

These guys could tone down the histrionics a bit and dwell more on the history but how do you produce action without showing someone detecting clad in a school yard.

RobW
01-03-2013, 08:16 AM

Well....I guess their antics were a bit true if one were to see me find a great find :happy:

But they were a bit over the top :bananadance:...but they are in the entertainement industry now :->
I am glad they brought there valuations back down to realistic values, vs. last season

I just find it a bit amazing that these guys get a show, and make buckoo bucks....meanwhile there are guys...and gals...on this and other forums who's regular finds puts these guys to shame. I think Dave needs his own show!!

RaZR
01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I caught it--decent stuff.
I had never seen it before and thought it might be that show where the portly boys get permission , start out with their detectors , graduate to a back hoe and then end the show selling some old whiskey still to a museum for a million dollars. Glad I was wrong as I saw nothing the hobby should have to live down. It was nice to see both sides of the country represented on the same show as well.

These guys could tone down the histrionics a bit and dwell more on the history but how do you produce action without showing someone detecting clad in a school yard.

From what i've heard the portly guy AKA Rick Savage (boom baby) is being sued. It seems that he's using the name of a magazine that isn't his for the show. And the owners are sueing for the profits he made from the show. As they have been getting all the phone calls complaining about his antics. \:[

del
01-04-2013, 03:38 AM
meanwhile there are guys...and gals...on this and other forums who's regular finds puts these guys to shame. I think Dave needs his own show!!

Dave had his own show ....

it was .... :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i remember the 80's or was it ... :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i married a rockstar :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

:dontknow: :dontknow: ok Dave what was it :confused: :confused:

+

RobW
01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Dave had his own show ....

it was .... :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i remember the 80's or was it ... :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i married a rockstar :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

:dontknow: :dontknow: ok Dave what was it :confused: :confused:

+

lol rofl....did George Co-Star:huh::huh::huh::huh:thinkingabout:? rofl

Speaking of George.....miss him here on the forum, his finds, insight, and help...How is he? :dontknow:

del
01-04-2013, 10:43 AM
lol rofl....did George Co-Star:huh::huh::huh::huh:thinkingabout:? rofl

Speaking of George.....miss him here on the forum, his finds, insight, and help...How is he? :dontknow:

George might have made a special-guest on an episode or two . ;)

what can i say about the G-man , :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: he still hasn't cut his hair lol lol

he's good i'll let him know you asked about him Rob :yes:

CTCDT
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I will admit that watching this show two months ago or so got my wife and I back into detecting after being away from it for a while. However, before we did decide to look around at forums and clubs etc, we did a you tube search. We weren't interested in the noun names, climbing trees or chest bumping (especially the wife). :shocked04:verreaction:

We were happy to see that this is not norm. Although, I am sure I would do a little clogging if I found something of historic value. :happydance01:

dave in iowa
01-17-2013, 01:54 PM
I like the show . its more realistic , the savage show was ridicules, pushy and not realistic at all, these guys are more like the regular guy , they foumd a model T hub cap, and i said , wow i found one of those too, and mine was in better shape , good show
|:cheering:

carl2112
01-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Im alot happier with this season over last. i could go with out there slang but other then that they do seem like some regular guys and there finds are good but yet realistic. there also hunting really cool locations. the savage show was a joke and i think gave the general public an unrealistic view of the hobbie.

TC-NM
01-18-2013, 12:20 PM
What I really like about King George and Ringmaster is their antics and lingo like: Nectar, Juice, Roundness and so forth. :clapping:

TC-NM

dperrott
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
...I am always lookin for roundness. Mine just seems to be washers and zinc-lins. Maybe I can get a $100 or so for each one!! ;)