PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not...I made it in the water today!

Thiltzy
01-01-2013, 03:22 PM
My first official hunt of 2013 was in the water at 7:11 am est with balmy 33 degree temps ice and snow covering the ocean beach. :pirate: A lot of people walking their dogs on the beach were looking at me like I was an escaped convict :hysterical:

The winter tides are the best so I just had to get in the water today. Got a bunch of silver coins 5 in total, 2 wheats, a 1941 Canadian penny,1942 War Nick, 1941 Jefferson and a possible white gold religious pendant. It cleaned up like gold and when I got home it rang up as a 10 VDI on my MXT Pro ( gotta test it to see if it's gold no markings so I am not sure)

The fat ring was found at my last water hunt of 2012 but never posted it until now. YES!, I am crazy but some one has to do it rofl

Cheap Thrills
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
That's a great beach day Thilzy . Lots of nice beach toast . The Indian ring is super cool . Let them stare , stare back til' they pick up the poop . I got out to a local bay beach for a little over an hr. yesterday and the tide was real low but all I got were 2 zincs , a shiny , round ,silver dollar sized piece of junk which gave me a false rush and my boots saturated with silt and black smelly goo :-\ . Keep up the good work !! :pirate: |:cheering:

fsa46
01-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Great way to start the year off Todd. thumbsup01

I drove a hour and a half to a RI beach today only to find out it was badly sanded in crying01, drove back the hour and a half and enjoyed the Dunkaccino which as the highlight of my trip. :blackeye: >:{

Thiltzy
01-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Great way to start the year off Todd. thumbsup01

I drove a hour and a half to a RI beach today only to find out it was badly sanded in crying01, drove back the hour and a half and enjoyed the Dunkaccino which as the highlight of my trip. :blackeye: >:{
:-\ Sorry to hear Frank, i am surprissed since we just had a lot of wind with that snow but i guess it all depends which way the wind is blowing

dalewestaby
01-01-2013, 07:29 PM
ive seen these cheif rings found before, definitely on my wish list

del
01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
not like an escaped convict but an incredibley crazy escaped convict for being in that water lol lol those kinds of looks always makes me laugh . hey i give ya a lot of credit for the cold water detecting |:confused:) |:confused:) and it sure paid off . congrats on the silver and gold Todd :clapping: :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
01-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I have to hand it to you water hunters, that's hardcore! |:confused:)

I'm glad all that effort paid off with some silver and gold! :clapping:

:congrats:

aloldstuff
01-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Did your parole officer suggest this hobby? rofl Nice going on getting some silvers and gold. Who cares what the the temp is with finds like that. :congrats:

SeabeeRon
01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
You are a hardier soul than I buddy!! :shocked04: :frozen: |:confused:)

whydah
02-01-2013, 07:14 PM
nice stuff... like the Indian Ring...

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Vey nice hunt, congrats on some nice finds |:cheering: