PDA

View Full Version : Just joined! JD from western PA

JdsCoins
01-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I just joined today. I didn't even know about this site, a friend of mine must have submitted my email address to the monthly newsletter. I was very impressed how organized is was and I I though the idea of the best monthly finds broken into categories was a great idea!

I browsed the forums a little and already recognized a 2 detectorists from youtube that I'm subscribed too. So it looks like a great community!

Here's a link to my youtube channel. I just started filming my hunts a few months back. Please check out my year end video! Will work on my profile here soon. Cheers! (From PA with over a foot of snow! :crying02:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/JDsCoins?feature=mhee

Tony Two-Cent
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi JD! I'm glad you discovered the forum and joined us here! :yes:

I recognize you from YouTube, thanks for your comments on my videos.

I was able to hunt up until December 30 here in central Illinois, but yesterday the temps fell sharply and the ground is now frozen and snow covered. :frozen:

Now I'm going to go watch some of your videos.

Welcome to American Detectorist! :clapping:

Epi-hunter
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi JD, glad you found us and that you like the forum so far!

It's frozen here in central KY too, as it was in the Midwest during my holiday travels. Although you have A LOT of snow :crying02: I think we are all looking forward to some warmer temperatures :detecting:

Looking forward to seeing your posts! :)

aloldstuff
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
JD, welcome from western MA. Yes we are snow covered also and the temps are sinking. Like Tony, I will check out your videos. Glad your're here and look forward to your future finds.

JdsCoins
01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :)

And Tony, I watch your videos every time you put them up. I was able to hunt until the 19th, which I can't complain about, but after that we have been getting hammered constantly!

del
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
hello Jdscoins :waving: welcome to the forum . i'll be viewing some of your videos while i'm snowed in the winter. glad you joined us here.

Dan

Lowjiber
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
We're glad you found us. Welcome from southern Nevada.

Looking forward to watching your videos.

Ill Digger
01-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Hey JD! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
Just sub'ed you on YouTube! ;)

jkress
01-06-2013, 02:24 AM
Welcome aboard JdsCoins. :clapping: Glad to hear you like what you see. :) A great group of treasure hunters here.

Looking forward to your contributions. :beerbuddy:

Fire Fighter 43
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum JD from SE Wisconsin. Ill check out your channel and sub I'm FFHEO43 on you tube.

Epi-hunter
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Great to have you! Looking forward to your future posts :detecting: :clapping: :waving:

Sal66
01-08-2013, 04:46 PM
:congrats: AND WELCOME JD! Yea this is a great close-knit site compared to Western/ Eastern Treasure forum. Here your Pics actually get seen and your questions answered. There also a great amount of Links and I can't help mentioning one I use on occasion called wwwcoinauctionhelp.com . The part owner Daniel is awesome and deals a lot in Coin Info. If someone gets stumped here, but actually There is so much experienced Members here there usually isn't a need to find your answer to a question. The Members go out of their way to help each other out, everyone is great here.
There also is a section up top where it says Media where you can keep a Library of all your finds and other members can view it if you want. If you need help, let me know.
TAKE CARE AND WELCOME AGAIN,
SAL

OxShoeDrew
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
I'll check out your channel. I hope you enjoy the forum, welcome from CT. :groovy:

Schrecky
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi JD, Where are you located? I'm in Corry, PA which is 30 miles s/w of Erie.

Cheap Thrills
01-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Welcome JD , I just enjoyed your video of your 2012 finds . :perfect10:

Cahil_2
01-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Enjoy your videos.

JdsCoins
01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Thanks so much everyone! :)

Fire Fighter 43, I just subbed your channel on youtube.

Sal, thanks much for the info. Actually, I've been an internet based coin & paper money dealer for several years, and have collected coins as a kid, so I know a lot about the old US coinage. The thing I struggle with is the relics, when it comes to those I'm like :confused: LOL. But hey, It's all a learning experience, and It's nice to see I have great support here to help identify finds.

Schrecky, I live in Johnstown PA, so that would be a good haul from you. I most likely will be relocating to Chattanooga, TN soon and will only be back here on business and to visit family.

JdsCoins
01-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Cheap Thrills, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

I put a lot of hours into editing the video. Had a blast though! thumbsup01