PDA

View Full Version : Finally.... Detecting Again

Epi-hunter
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
It has been awhile. Way too long, since I have been out detecting. Work changes and other responsibilities have made it impossible, but I recently got a new job (!!!!) and with it comes some travel... so on the way back to the Cincinnati airport this morning I was able to spend a few hours in a park there.

It is a tough place to detect, as there are many who detect there, and the finds in the parks are few and far between, but I love the parks there because they issue permits for MDers and are fine with it as long as rules are followed. I keep my permit with me for any problems. I think it makes for more respect all around, since they actually formally address MDers, and are aware of them and have rules for them to follow.

Anyway, this was not an Angel day by any means lol but I was really happy to find a 1917 merc, very worn... and TWO silver rings (I never find silver rings!!!) I am sorry for the horrible photos but I only had my iphone. The second ring is fairly heavy. I had a great time. :)

I also dug thirteen wheats in this park (Angel is passing out now from hearing this since I never dig wheats lol ). They were very deep for the most part.... at least ten inches, and in several cases more like twelve. Even then I knew there was a coin, even though it didn't sound beautiful by any means... and I knew it was probably a wheat or possibly an IH but not a silver. The E-Trac is amazing.... it really is.

Oh yeah, and I found a 1972 half dollar. :) :rolleyes:

Below is the 1917 merc. Bad photo, I know....

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/cinci1.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/cinci2-1.jpg

The second silver ring I found.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/cinci4.jpg

Photos of the rings and merc and the half dollar.

I will replace these with better photos soon :cheesysmile:

I also found a twenty dollar bill :grin:

Thanks for looking :)

angellionel
04-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey, you didn't tell me about the twenty dollar bill! :bop: lol

You dug up a good amount of wheat cents. thumbsup01 That's a very good sign that other desirable targets are there just waiting to be found. If only you had more time. You did great for the short time you were there though. The ring at the bottom of the photo looks to be hefty. Did that half have you thinking silver? :)

Very sweet short hunt. thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
04-11-2010, 09:15 PM
That's a great day and a $20 bill besides . Very cool !That's some great depth you're getting with the E-trac . Nice to see you will be able to get in more hunting . thumbsup01

Baba

xzlr8n
04-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Bet you have the bug to get back out again soon!! Nice finds, I still haven't found a 8-12 deep coin with my V3. Hopefully its the fact I haven't swung over one yet :confused:. 10+ wheaties is awesome pulling, congrats thumbsup01.

hoser
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Its good to see you back in the swing of things Angie. Man you did real well for the time you were there. Well done lady. ;) :yes:

z118
04-12-2010, 07:21 AM
That's a heck of a hunt! A merc pretty much makes my week and those look like two nice rings for sure. Looking forward to the updated pics!

coinnut
04-12-2010, 07:28 AM
That's a great hunt for a short time and for a pounded park. It just goes to show you, that there are lots of coins in the 10+ inch range. I wonder how far down they go? :confused: Cash, silver and change sounds good to me lol Great job thumbsup01

Lowjiber
04-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Nice day out. I'm glad you finally got some swing time.

Congrats on the new job too. thumbsup01

del
04-12-2010, 11:57 AM
hey thats great that you got out and did some detecting . pssst just a little secret Angie , don't worry about not
having an Angel like day as only Angel has Angel like days lol lol . you did very good and don't you love when a 20 dollar bill kind of rolls right in front of you to get your attention at a park. thumbsup01 ;) hope you get alot more time very soon to do it again Angie.
congrats on a successful hunt.

Dan

SeabeeRon
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Sure like you had a good day Angie!! :yes:

Epi-hunter
04-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys :) It definitely felt good to get out. The job is going great but it's busy!