PDA

View Full Version : taking pitures of finds

sjv
04-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Just got a kodak easyshare 12 megapixals, 3x optical, 5x zoom. What's the best way to use lighting and get clarity on dark copper coins, coins in air-tite holders and what size do the pictures have to be to post on the site. Any help will be appreciated. It's a c182 kodak by the way.

Lowjiber
04-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty lousy with a camera. However, I've posted my share of coins on forums before.

I use a color scanner. I scan directly to my computer (or to a memory card) and then edit the pic with a good photo editor.

Works great. Here's one below...

del
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
hey Sal i use a kodak easyshare camera as well , for coins i have a decent flood light that i either shine across the
face of a coin and the camera is in macro setting . i usually have to edit and crop the photo , then i open the picture
in the the microsoft paint and in stretch / skew i usually resize it down to 25% on full size pictures and only 50 to 35%
for already cropped pictures. let me know how you do and feel free to pm me.and if its still a chore if i have time i'll come over to give ya a hand.

Dan

sjv
04-13-2010, 05:43 AM
I took some pictures outside yesterday. I'll try to upload them today. Is the a certain size or allowable KB's so it doesn't show up too big? I know some sites only allow a certain size or else it won't post or it will fill the hole page. I might want to show more than one pic in a post. I have this errror coin you all have to see. Can't wait to show them. You guys/gals will flip when you see some of these finds!!s. Look back later my Italian friends. GO REDSOX!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I think this is the information you requested.

Allowed file types: gif, jpg, png
Restrictions: 7 per post, maximum total size 2100KB, maximum individual size 300KB