PDA

View Full Version : Etrac techie help needed wiring

midas
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have a wiring diagram and pinouts for the ETrac showing exactly what wires go to what pins on the coil connector?
Minelab was no help. Seems everything is proprietary.
Evidently it is not a straight thru like on the White's machines.
When I wire the new connector, there must be a ground connection I'm missing as a lot of falsing occurs when I touch the wire and connector.
The original connector is impossible to take apart, so I can't use that as a guide.
Thanks.

nicklehead
01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
My simplistic mind says you should be able to do a continuity test between the (-) post from the battery and the pins to find the ground unless of course the Aussies use (+) for the ground since they're upside down down under. Also , don't forget I'm a carpenter :)

CyberSage
01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Most of the time the ground is in the shielding surrounding the wires. It is usually connected to the outside threaded rim of the connector. In the case of an E-Trac the shielding is connected to one of the pins that runs to the mainboard...

The following pictures, and information are from a post by a user Todd Pickens on another forum. He is also known as gold4me on American Detectorist.

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac270/todd458/2012-09-02222021-2.jpg

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac270/todd458/2012-09-02222108-2.jpg

CyberSage
01-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Midas,
earthmansurfer has carnal knowledge of the E-Trac as well. He is involved in a major modification of his E-trac. He would probably be of great help to you.

midas
01-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the photos. But, that's the confusing part. The black wire inside the machine that's labeled connector shielding looks like it goes to the main connector. The cable from the coil does not have a black wire. So, what pin attaches to the connector to carry the shielding thru? An ohmmeter check on the main connector, shows pin 3 as grounded to the connector. A check on the coil connector shows continuity between pins 3 and 4! Earthmansurfer help!